Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Acrogorpon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

That would be the jetpack option.

Thanks for having a look
Sergeant Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 17:02
Very good job on this! Created in DBPro, I get excited when projects are seen all the way to completion! Even more so when the developer has taken some good points from the players and fixed it! You got it good here ! Keep it up!

The Few.. The Proud.. The Marines
Sergeant Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 17:32
Fun. I spent the last 10 minutes on the christmas map just shooting random things, fridges, walls, throwing grenades. I was thinking..Dang I hate the way the controls are set up. I haven't used the arrow keys since.....Wait a minute there is an option to change all that! I love what you got here, and hope to see it to completion! This is outstanding! You should have a map making contest..Where the winner gets there map put into the game at its official release. Just tell us what format. Good job again! Will keep this thread in my fav's.

The Few.. The Proud.. The Marines
Drillfoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 18:15
This is very neat! Would like to throw 'nade' at someone. Spent quite a bit of time messing around in the christmas level. Keep up the great work!

rem allow user create game with one click
rem create graphics, sound, scripts, models, with one click
rem slap user in face if game choice is mmo
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2010 04:54
anyone want to play? Will be on

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2010 07:17 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 20:57
Hey folks sorry for the delay. The official demo has been delayed but is still expected to be released later this year.

Quote: "Sergeant Mike - You should have a map making contest..Where the winner gets there map put into the game at its official release. Just tell us what format. "

That sounds like a neat idea. I had something similar in mind but I'm still working on it.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2010 05:38
Anyone want to get on????

Mr2Fa$t
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyone want to get on????"

Hey, man, i saw you on the server list but i couldn't join it. It said you were offline. Did you configure you ports correctly?

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 04:49
thats weird... I am not sure but can you add me on MSN? I have forwarded my ports... But please add me on MSN
Quote: "Gorlock911@live.com"

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 05:14
Post to unlock.

-Keith

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 08:41 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 08:42
Thank you Keith,

Hello folks, it's been a while since i've released a public update for Acrogorpon. This has been in the works for over a year and is finally at that stage again. I have really focused on performance and network stability. I have been able to run the game on a machine with 64mb of video ram using the lowest settings. Still its far from perfect and depending on the settings your fps may drop down quite a bit. The code has been re-written from the ground up and totals around 31,000 lines of code. All the graphics have also been re-made from the ground up. I have put alot of hard work into this build so I hope you guys/gals enjoy it. If possible please post your FPS and system specs so I can keep track of performance. Please see the first post for additional information and the link to download the game.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 21:22
I watched a few videos on youtube of this and thought that you hadn't created a thread here, I guess I was wrong. None-the-less this is looking fantastic.

Abdul Ahad

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the kind words. Alright folks the master server is up and running and a new build 7 is up for download. If you experience any issues let me know. Be sure to forward/open ports 20187 [TCP/UDP] if you have a router and you intend to host a server.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 15:33
Looking like a great game so far. Keep it up.

danctodd
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to say that you did a mighty great job on this! What programs did you use for the 3d modeling, art and sound?

I can only wish you some day write a book teaching how to make a good solid-fps like this in dbpro. #hopeful
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW. Too bad my res isn't supported... still, this is epix! Anyone else going to be out there any time soon?

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
danctodd
Years of Service
User Offline
I would but I took this off my computer now. I've had my Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detect a virus from this game a few times when I have started up my computer. I quarantine the virus each time, but the damn thing keeps coming back.
Alduin768
Years of Service
User Offline
This game looks awesome
Fantastix

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 09:41
Trying to unlock...

I am the one who knocks...
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 16:48
is there an update coming?!

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 17:47 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2014 17:49
Hey there,

I just wanted to update you folks about the game.Work on Acrogorpon is still steady. There has been alot of progress made. The demo is now available through multiple online outlets. Currently the demo has been updated to v3.07.04. The last version posted about on here was v3.06. The game has undergone alot of changes since then. There has been a large amount of focus on improving the game performance. Some other notible changes are the new additions to the demo such as the new gametype LDM and new map. There have also been alot of touchups to the game mechanics and visual effects. The website now also features a built in server display system which displays all currently hosted games in real time. This feature will be expanding in the future. The first post in this thread has been updated with the current demo information. This update is looking promising and is helping make the way for the touched up hd version which is expected in the future. If you happen to try the new demo id like to hear what you think. It is available via the first post in this thread.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 20:24
Brilliant, I am looking foward to playing it.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 17:24 Edited at: 11th Jul 2014 17:26
Played the demo, I love the new map! Nice work, I'm glad to see that you are still working on this project. It's always great to see a project so close to completion. That said, do you have any insights for your fellow dbpro FPS coders?

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 05:57 Edited at: 19th Aug 2014 05:08
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote: "That said, do you have any insights for your fellow dbpro FPS coders?"

Yes, here is a little insight from my experience. One of the first and most important things when it comes to designing an FPS or any game in general is to have ambition and drive. Things may get bumpy quite often and it's important to keep on pushing past that. You will learn things as you progress which can be used to improve the game, it's comparable to writing an essay and having rough drafts etc...

On a more technical note it is very important to focus on gameplay. Graphics can make things stand out a bit more and bring certain qualities to life however if the gameplay is neglected the overall project fails. When making an FPS game, the basic player mechanics are very important, movement, controls etc... I would recommend to always try and fine tune these things, it really makes a big difference. You would be surprised how subtle things like good weapon bobbing or smooth controls go a long way. When you have the base complete you can begin adding to the game depending on the route you are going for single player/multi-player.

To those of you who are designing graphics on your own do not worry about having top of the line graphics until you have the code complete or at least a rough draft. For testing purposes I would recommend having graphics that will be similar in structure to your final presentation. This will make conversions between any graphical changes much easier with little to no coding modifications.

One important side note, if you ever get stumped while coding and things do not make any sense whatsoever from my experience its almost always due to the smallest things, typos, misplaced code etc... Take a break, clear your mind and re-read your code, I usually end up amazed how I missed the error in question.

Hopefully that was somewhat insightful. Although I haven't completed the full game just yet, I like to consider myself somewhat accomplished in the sense that I have created something playable even if just a demo for now. I do hope to complete this massive project I undertook soon so I may finally have piece of mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:06:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:06:25