Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Export from Poser, .x file problems, model and texture problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 03:27 Edited at: 20th Mar 2009 19:30
Hi!

My teammate who is doing the modelling is using Poser to produce our 3d models. Our models are not people, but animals. Poser is his modelling program of choice. I'm having nothing but problems getting his models into our game.

He modelled and textured the creature in Poser and exported to .x format. He then sent me the .x file and the texture (.png) file.
I have attached these two files to this post for anyone who wouldn't mind taking a look at the .x file and giving me a hand on why the heck it doesn't like me!

I attempted to load and texture the .x file into Dark GDK. I get an "object not found" (the creature object) error when initializing Sparky's collision on the object.

I went into the .x file and removed the entire
MeshTextureCoord { }
data from the file. After doing so, the file loaded and functioned properly in-game. Naturally, with this data gone, I am unable to texture the object. Any attempts to texture turn the model green (obviously due to a lack of UV map data).

I'm totally stuck how I can 'fix' this file or export the model from Poser so we can actually use it in DarkGDK. If anyone has any information about why this .x file works with the
MeshTextureCoord { }
data removed, or why it's refusing to work with that data there, or if anyone has any information about exporting with Poser or the format of .x files, it would be much appreciated!

[EDIT] Ah bugger, I meant to put this in the 3d forum. Sorry!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:17:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:17:01