Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Terrain error message

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently in the process of trying to transition from one level in a game to the next, but when I try this, I get an error message from one of the terrain loading functions. All it says is "4" and then the game crashes next time the update terrain function is called.

I have a constant that I use for the object number of the terrain, and in between levels I delete this object and then attempt to set up a new terrain at this same number. I just delete the terrain as if it were any other object, so is there a special way you're supposed to delete terrains? Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? Thanks.
scott1686
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out a little bit more as to why the problem is happening but I still haven't found a solution. "4" is the value of the constant I was using for the terrain object. I can reproduce the bug using only this code:

The code pops up an error message that just says "4" and then it seg faults next time dbUpdateTerrain is called. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:24:14