Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help with 3d Objects tutorial!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the wierdest error. Running the 3d Objects solution file that came with darkGDK I can't get anything but a blank scene...
Going into the debug folder and running the .exe still did nothing UNTIL I placed the Colonel-X.X file in the debug folder, then the .exe loads the model. I understand why this works, but I still get nothing but a black screen from within Visual C++ express.
Does anyone know how to fix this? It's a real pain having to go into the debug folder to test every new change....
Sharp Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 21:02
right click youre project -> properies

linker -> general

in the 'output file' field you will see the path were the .exe will be saved, eg: "Debug/Game.exe", just change the path to "Game.exe" or to the path were is media saved.

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
Jinx
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried that. The linker now points to "test.exe"
but the debug version still appears black, while double clicking the exe itself shows the model and a blue background...
Anything else I can try?
Sharp Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 18:33
In debug mode i have too some problems...
Maybe not this is the solution but try to compile the code in release mode.

If is a sample from tgc included in darkgdk's samples it must to run and show what it got to show; ...you won't have a blank scene.

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:24:26