Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Videos running outside the engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 19:25
As a long and devoted FPS Creatorer (?) I decided to begin a test to see whether FPSC can load video files outside of the game engine.
The result? Crashes.
Now, we all know that you can bump in video files while the engine runs and you can see them, but its an entirely different story for when you want to add them in a game over screen, or title.
Why does FPS Creator not recognise the file type when it works perfectly fine inside the engine? Dont say videos outside of the game engine aren't possible: If you've seen E.L.E then you'll know.

Making the challenge? More like kicking teh nass!
Seen Endangered City yet? It wont last long!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
if you want a video before your menu

just add something like this to your titlepage.fpi

it works fine

If you then want a animated menu, I made one: just look for animated menu (search).

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 20:49
oh right! you dont use the image syntax! cheers Red Eye!

Results:
Loading Screen works fine, although the loading bar only appears after the video ends
Game Over: No video, I hear it but then I get a "Program Has Encountered an Error and needs to close" with a faulting module d3d9.dll.
Title Screen is excellent, although the video runs through and then it starts up with the menu. Is there anyway to make it run in the background?

Well... 2/3 work that have been tested, although there is one problem im having with the compiled game which I recently received after changing an FPI file (see attachment)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 20:52
I know whats wrong. You need to copy your skybox folder into your built EXE
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 21:14
yeah, but it still crashes. Sky is fixed but everything else is knacked. Doesnt bother me though, considering I only compiled this 6 segment map to test for videos.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:49