Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 20:27
um.. hi.

does anyone know if it's possible to make a zombie survival game mode for fps creator?

by this i mean a series of waves, each wave being progressively harder. (i.e nazi zombies)

shadowfire
Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it's possible
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 21:39
Quote: "yes it's possible "
What a descriptive answer, you should enter that into the community guide.

To answer your question, yes it is possible to do. But would require an unnecessary amount of scripting and possible modifying the source code. You may be able to trick the official fpsc into doing this, but it would be difficult. I would recommend looking at some scripting tutorials and then deciding for yourself if it is worth it. You will NOT achieve this without learning script.

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 21:53
Quote: "[quote]yes it's possible"
What a descriptive answer, you should enter that into the community guide.[/quote]
The question wasn't exactly worded the best, nor was it detailed. I think Forza correctly answered the question based on what was asked.

To answer shadowfire's question, I guess I would need more information.
1. What do you mean by "waves"?
2. Are you talking about the player going through the same level multiple times, but with each time the player goes through there are more and more zombies, with them potentially getting tougher to kill?
3. Are you talking about creating a game where the player sequentially moves from one level to the next and the levels get increasingly difficult?
4. What is the maximum number of levels that you are looking to have the player go through before he/she wins?
5. Are you using a mod?
6. Are you familiar with scripting?
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 21:54
You could make a zombie mode like Call Of Duty: World At War if you use the respawning options on some zombie characters.

knxrb

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What a descriptive answer, you should enter that into the community guide"

What a non-sarcastic answer, it should be entered into the book of how not to be sarcastic.

However he is right about scripting, you will have to learn to script or make someone do it for you.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 00:35
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:25:38