Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ply's Mod vs. V115

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What to choose? What to choose? Ply's Mod that has some cool features or upgrade to v115 which fixes alot of bugs. Iam a beginning scripter that is looking to do some cool things in fpsc so maybe ply's mod? or is v115 enough to satsify my developing appetite? what do you think?
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 21:16
Really depends what your looking for. With v115 I got almost no bugs. At least when I am just building a simple game. V1.07-V.109 have lots of less features than v115. The one that bugs me the most is the NOT-auto ceilings. In v115 you dont have to put the ceilings on there, they are auto. I dont know why it bugs me so much, but it does.

For Ply's Mod, there are alot of cool features, lots and lots! Every single one almost, I don't need really. So if it was up to me I wouldn't choose plys mod. Like it said though, it just depends what your looking for. Plus, I would just install ply's mod, if you dont like it then you can just upgrade.

shes a brick HOUSE!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 21:34
I guess it all depends on what you're looking to do for your game.

Many things are possible with the official version, but in many cases Ply's Mod can make things many times easier on you. Take a Cash System for example. Conjured Entertainment proved that it could be done, but the same system was achieved using Ply's Mod in half the code and with twice the power.

Ply's Mod can also make custom GUI menus (these are a little harder, but they're very possible) for whatever purpose you see fit. Instead of requiring the player to press a certain key to purchase a weapon, why not make a shop GUI where they select the weapon they want to buy? In all honesty pressing a key somewhere on the keyboard to buy the weapon I want is about as awkward as pressing Enter to open a door. My hands are already on WASD and the mouse... if I'm running away from something, I don't want to have to let go of one of those just to reach over and hit Enter to open a door and shut it behind me.

Or maybe you're tired of having room for only 9 weapons... I mean, saving the universe is a lot of hard work and you need all the fire power you can get your hands on!! I've made an inventory GUI using Ply's Mod that allowed for MUCH more weapons than that, and you were allowed to bind any of those weapons to 1,2,3, and 4 for easier access.

IMHO, Dynamic gameplay brings a lot to the table. Being able to change the game any way you fit, whenever you see fit.

Ply's Mod concentrates on bringing gameplay in FPSC to another level. If that's what you like, then the least you can do is try it out and see if you like it. If not, the official version isn't exactly going away anytime soon.

The one and only,

heluvsya
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your repsonses!!!!
freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 17:05
Hey Lee, get that source code out for v115 for Plystire! lol, I can't wait for that code!

fgadzsv bla bla bla

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:22:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:22:24