Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question about Open World Buidling and Invisible Entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings,

in the official guide by nickydude he stated as a tip that we should not make large open maps, then in a later tip he said that you can (which he admit was contradicting) but he said if you do you can get away with it by using invisible segments. Now my question is how can i pull this off using invisible segments and make a large map render fast and achieve high FPS? Is there any tipis or tricks i can use to accomplish this, i wanted to make a two block (at least) city street that will feature alot of gameplay elements or will be the center and hub for the other maps that will come (example in this city map, when you have to go into a building to accomplish a mission lets say an apartment building, you go up to the apartment building in the city map and it transports you to the 2nd map (which is the apartment map). How can i pull this off? I would apprecitate all of your imputs
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 00:01
to have a hub level you can
a) use ply's mod with his nextlevel command and variables to store important gamestats or
b) have several instances of your "hub" with minor changes according to your player advancing in the game, so they look like the same level over and over again but in fact are only copies with different settings.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:24:57