Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Worries about build game:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I've had this on my mind for some time now:

I haven't built a game yet, but all I need to do is add the finishing touches to my levels, like sound zones, which gun suits what map the best, check points ect.

Now, in test mode when I die and there's no checkpoint, I go back to the beginning, ok that's fine, but the zombies that I've killed before my death, don't respawn? so I just get a clear run through the map without killing the zombies again? Is there anyway I cant fix this? So the zombies do respawn after I die, so I DO have to fight them again?

Ok, another problem is ambiance, Is it possible to have 0 ambiance for 1 level and say 40 for another?

And skyboxes, how do I have different skyboxes for different levels?

Thanks!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 06:51
I made a workaround for the respawning issue. The level doesn't change at all when you die. What you would need to do is set up "autosave" zones through the level (also where the player starts), then make a "Process Script" that checks for whent he player's health reaches 0 and then autloads. That will force the game to load up the last autosave (checkpoint/player start point)

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:32:41