Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How Do I Pack Files(models, textures) into some files(like .dat) so nobody could steal them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, curently i am working on a game for the competition after that i am goning to start on a fps(Global Warning) i am gona buy some characters and make some weapons on my own. i just dont now how could i prevent anybody from stealing this stuf.
1.How can i packtem into data files?
2.How can i use the data files in my game?

Game.Love
DaddyJ
Years of Service
User Offline
You can create your own encrypt/decrypt logic for the files, if your the only one that knows how to read the data, then your good, but no matter how you pack the data, there are many people out there that disect your code, and find it. So dont waste to much time into it, but once you include it golbally, you can make it harder for an average joe to modify ini file and such.
FIGHTEX
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, but making my own sounds preety complicated. or in othere words i have no idea how to.
maybe that tutorial on how to load custom media(WoW media, an mpq)
but i stil didnt get it.
but also i am pretyshure that people are going to go open up my models if they are in the data files or something since there not gone bo that good.(not that bad eathere)

Game.Love
Potassium
Years of Service
User Offline
DaddyJ,

Wait though how do people decrypt your files?

You have any websites or anything?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:18:41