Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Text and another question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and Dark GDK. I wish to place blue, black, and/or red text with Arial font and a certain size in front of my sprites. I have tried dbDrawSpritesFirst(); it doesn't solve the problem. I do not want to use sprites to piece together any letters, numbers, symbols, words, sentences, paragraphs, etc. If you know of any way to solve the problem that I have, please let me know. Please tell me exactly what one would do to place the wanted text with such font, size, and colour in front of sprites and at the wanted coordinates.

I also have another question to ask. When will my posts no longer be checked by the moderators? The reason I ask this is because I find it problematic that I have to wait hours (hours are not short) before my posts can be seen by others and that I have already made several posts in which I have not included any inappropriate and/or vulgar language and/or spam. I was hoping that after posting three or five times without including any inappropriate and/or vulgar language and/or spam (I have posted more than five time without such language and spam) that the moderators would find me worthy of trust and allow my posts to appear to others without my posts being checked first. Please let me know exactly what date and time the moderators will ceize the checking of every post that I make so that my posts can appear to the many who are in this forum at the instant that I make the post.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 07:31 Edited at: 29th Mar 2009 18:52
Nevermind about my second question... I found the answer to it when I made the above post.

Note that above I said that I know the answer to my second question. I still do not know the answer to my first question/problem.
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
dbInk(dbRgb(0,0,255),0);
dbText(0, 0, text);

just put it in your loop and use

dbSync()
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 00:42 Edited at: 31st Mar 2009 00:47
Thank you very much. What you suggested works extremely well.

I now have a different question. It is still text related. When you are typing, to the right of the letter that you just typed there is a black vertical line. Is there a way for me to generate that line? I want the line to shift to the right as you type and to the left as you backspace just like it would do so in text editors such as Notepad and word processors such as Microsoft Word.

I also have another question. Is there a way to antialias the text that I generate using the method that you have told me Marsh0?
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 01:07 Edited at: 31st Mar 2009 01:20
Actually, I just realized that the method that was suggested doesn't work very well. The text size is smaller than normal. I input 72 in dbSetTextSize() and the text that appears on screen is not 72 size text; it is much less.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked around the forum and I noticed people talking about addons. I noticed one post talking about a DarkSDK addon that has full class CAA text. I also noticed the talking about of D3DX font. I mentioned before that I want to antialias my text. Do I require addons in order to antialias or can I just antialias text with Dark GDK? If I require addons in order to antialias text, can anyone here please give me a link that will lead me to the download of an addon that will allow me to do so? Please do not tell me to google it or to use any other available search engines to look for it myself. I used google already; I already did some searching.
adastras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 16:17 Edited at: 31st Mar 2009 16:18
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145832&b=22

Soon there will be a new variant and new classes

adastras
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen the post that you have lead me to in your link before you made your post. I just want to know where exactly can I download the required addons. Please do not say something that is too general. I have already looked all over the place using google. I could not find the addons that I want. Please give me an exact location of where I can download the addons that I want. Please read what I have written in my pasts posts so you know what addons I am talking about. I am not talking about Dark Physics, Dark AI, etc. I am talking about any addons for Dark GDK that would allow me to antialias text. Please do not tell me to use sprites. I do not wish to use sprites.
adastras
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
I need to know something. Is what you have given me free and legal? If the answer to both is yes then can you just briefly explain things? I would like to know how to use what you have given me adastras.
MVKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
try dbBackdropOff() then dbPasteImage() for the background in your main render loop, this way text is output on top of your back ground.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:29:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:29:20