Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to spawn enemies?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 15:27
I need help with this, because I want to spawn enemies to a level. But I don't know how to make it so that when the player goes to some place, an enemy (or more than one) spawn somewhere. So, please help, someone.

I'm making a game that will be scary... I hope.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
This is covered in the official community guide to fpsc

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 15:50
Where can I find that guide?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 16:05
If you have FPSC installed, the Official Community Guide can be found in your C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs directory and here in the FPSC Chat forum as a sticky.

Best.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 16:07
Thanks, Xplosys!

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 18:03
Aaah! I can't find it from there... There's all sorts of stuff, but I can't see anything about spawning entities... I read though it like three times, but... Am I blind or something?

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 06:08 Edited at: 30th Mar 2009 06:23
I know how to spawn characters, but objects don't really work with me for some reason. But if you want to make it so when the player steps into a certain zone, a character appears, this is what do do:

1. Pick the character you want and place it where you want it to spawn

2. Right click it, (Note: you will have to right click once to get the character off your cursor then right click the one you placed) and at the top where it says "name" on the left, click on the right in the same column and rename it something you will easily remember and make sure nothing else in the level has that name. Where it says "spawn at start" in one of the areas on the left, left click it, and select "no". Do NOT click "apply changes" yet.

3. Now find where it says "spawn after delay", left click it, then select "yes". Now click "apply changes"

4. Under the markers tab, find "trigger zone", choose it, then place it where you want the spot to be where when the player steps in it, the character will appear. then right click somewhere else on the map to get it off the cursor

5. Right click it, and in it's properties (this will be kind of similar to the character's properties layout) find the left column that says "main". Left click all the way to the right of the column next to it, scroll through the files and find the one with the name "plrinzoneactivateused". Double click it.
(Also, there will automatically be a 'click' sound when the player steps in the zone. if you do not want this, find the column on the left that says "sound0", left click the column next to it on the right, then right click it, click "select all" and then backspace)

6. Next, find the column that says "if used" on the left side, left click the column next to it and type in the EXACT name of the character that you renamed, or if you just kept the original name. Apply changes

Hope i didnt confuse you

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and wonderi-hey, where'd the roof go?
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 21:41
Thank you so much, Model packs! Now I can make crazy people spawn behind the player...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:21:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:21:05