Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Sound, Story Zones

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 18:58
You\'ll know whats wrong. my uncle built a computer
of his own for my grandma about twelve years ago.
it runs on XP.
I tried out a story zone and sound zone files were AVI(video) and OGG (sound) it didnt play neither of them.
I bought it again to see if the\'re was a technical fault, it wasn\'t i realised there was somthing wrong with the computer (it has direct X9) could it be somthing wrong with the sound card? graphics card maybe?

please reply
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 05:45 Edited at: 30th Mar 2009 05:48
I'm still kind of a beginner at fpsc, but i have had this problem before and fixed it. I don't think it has anything to do with your PC. If it won't play, usually for me the sound file has to be in the "audiobank" folder. It doesnt matter where in the folder, just in it. And the AVI video in the "videobank" folder.

hope i helped

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and wonderi-hey, where'd the roof go?
Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problem originally with FPSC, AVI are not a supported format as far as I could tell at the time with out some changing to the source code, same as mp3.

You can convert the avi to WMV and it will work just fine, my initial problem was the the AVI would play upside down! something to do with the codecs, even with the codecs updated it still came out wrong, so I downloaded a video converter, and as I said, WMV works fine! Just remember to remove the default sound file from the properties of the story zone too otherwise it plays over your video sound.

As for ogg files, I have noticed that ogg is only available for particular zones, not all?? I generally convert to WAV as I know for sure it is a supported format.

Not sure if this helps, hope it does.

Far too new to be helping...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:50