Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3D objects tutorial help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Every time I try to compile the 3D objects tutorial, or load my own model, I get nothing but a blank screen. Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling it.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 03:16 Edited at: 1st Apr 2009 03:28
Oh I know! Are you running the .exe inside the debug folder? If so, do not! You get a black screen because the image files that contain the images that the program is to display are not in the same folder that the .exe file is in. This means that when the .exe file tries to look for the image files in the same folder that it is in, it can't find the image files. This results in nothing but a black image being displayed. To solve the problem, just move the .exe file into the same folder where all of the image files are. This would be the 3D Objects folder that the debug folder is in.

What I have described above goes for all programs including the ones that you will be making and not just for the 3D Objects Tutorial.

What is also a possible cause of the problem is that either Visual C++ 2008 or its compiler was not run before Dark GDK was installed. If you do not run Visual C++ 2008 and/or its compiler at least once before installing Dark GDK, you may come into problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:31:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:31:11