Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Resolution issue - Stretched sprites -

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,I'm am having a little issue with my game in regards with my sprites being shrinked/stretched when the game is running on a machine other than the one I developed it on. I have tried the functions:

dbSetWindowSize (int iWidth, int iHeight)
dbSetDisplayMode(int iWidth,int iHeight,int iDepth)

Unfortunately, I have had no success. If anyone could tell me how to get a fixed resolution or set the window up so my sprites don't get stretched it would be greatly appreciated. I would like set it up so the window uses the settings of a 640x480 for window size and resolution.
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 02:18 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 02:18
I am not sure of your problem. Are you running the program on a computer that is using a widescreen monitor? If the answer is yes, then the sprites and everything on screen will be stretched to fill the widescreen monitor. To prevent this, you can try a few things. Make your program support both non-widescreen and widescreen monitors and/or turn on the Fixed Aspect Ratio setting for the video card of the computer that is running the program. If you can send a picture showing your problem it would be helpful.
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 03:14
If you are forcing the window into fullscreen mode you could try leaving it in windowed mode. Otherwise you can try what I am doing, that is creating the option for players to specify their screen size. Once I finish my options menu the player will be able to specify any resolution between 800x600 and 2560x1600 as a resolution. Playing around with different screen has resulted in no stretching of sprites, so far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 21:36:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 21:36:57