Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment Editor Issues (need help)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 14:33
I've read the FPS Guide on using the segment editor, and followed the steps to a key. I'm trying to make a cutout in the floor for a 'trapdoor' segment, but the editor isn't working like the guide says it should.

First, I add the floor mesh under users, rooms, my room, and add my texture with the d2 extension on its filename.

Next, I click on the CSG icon, and add my .x punch (a large cube).

Then, I put it through the floor segment, and then as the guide said to do, select the floor mesh and press "I" until the text "NO CSG" appears next to the mesh.

This is where I encouter the issues:

Now, as the guide instructed, at this point, I save my segment with the .fps extension. I load it into FPS Creator, and the punch appears with the floor segment in the builder. When I run the game this way, the entire segment just appears invisible.

So, after setting it up again, I tried saving it with the punch deleted in the editor, and only saving the segment...this time, the punch out does not appear...it's a solid floor. I don't know what's wrong...

Another problem I encountered; was when I tried to make an entire room segment with a trap door on the floor. When I attempted to cut out the floor segment with my punch, I added my wall meshes into the editor over the floor; but for some reason, the walls automatically loaded as punches...they wouldn't load as meshes. I'm not sure how to make a full segment in the editor.

EDIT** Rereading the manual, am I supposed to actually make a cut out trapdoor shape in milkshape first; and then a punch that fits in that hole so the editor knows a hole is there by reading the punch? Does the punch need to be deleted before saving still? Sorry for the long post...I've been working with the editor for 2 hours, and still can't get it to work! >.<

-Kravenwolf
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 18:43
Quote: "Then, I put it through the floor segment, and then as the guide said to do, select the floor mesh and press "I" until the text "NO CSG" appears next to the mesh."

There is you problem the floor needs CSG not No CSG using no CSG will make the floor immune to the punch.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
James Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 06:25
I tried your technique as well and it still didn't work.

This is the default floor mesh I load, and texture in the editor:

This is the punch, and this is where I put the punch. I select the floor mesh, and press I, as the manual says. I delete the punch afterwards and save the segment...but it does'nt save as a punched floor. I tried saving both times with and without the "no CSG" text next to the segments name.

This is what both techniques look like in FPS creator...

There's something wrong here, I'm hoping someone can help me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:14