Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / More Enemies Per Level Without Slowdown ??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 21:40
Howdy,
I was stunned with the improved Frame Rate I got with the v1.15 upgrade (went from about 29FPS at best to 37-38FPS all the time ) but (as am a noob-ish type) wonder if anyone has advice on getting more enemies in rooms at one time(as this still drops my framerate below acceptable levels especially in gunfights--big or small rooms or levels at all) without the frame slowdown ?? Like 10 or 20 enemies ?? In a closet ?? Waiting outside in a hallway or just grouped in areas of a big pre-fab?
I'm trying to get away from the "walk down a hallway into a room and shoot one guy and go to another" kind of game play.
I try to spawn a bunch, but am not really getting what I want.
kind regards, mark_p

markpouncey
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 06:49
make an enemy.
name it something simple.
make a trigger zone
tell it to spawn the entity you just named by typing in the name of the entity in the box for it
go back to the entity
go down to the spawn options
put MAXIMUM SPAWN: to whtever you want
put the field under it to the same number

NEXT

Naturally, your going to get a frame rate slowdown for putting a ton of enemies in the level, so put them in a small room with lots of cover, and don't spawn more than 10 at a time.

never put more than 35 enemies ina level
markpouncey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 15:59
Thanks, I'll try it.
kind regards, mark_p

markpouncey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:17:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:17:58