Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game Starter to play a game with xbox

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 03:12 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 03:15
This is not a complex or sophisticated game starter. I did this because some people don't have an xbox controller for their PC and some people do. This allows them to choose whether they want to play the game with a mouse or an xbox controller. See the following image:

You can see it allows for them to choose whether or not the player looks up when they push the joystick up or if they look down.

The EXE for this is in a zip file. Just click on the download button. you will notice that there is text file (game.txt) file included. This has to be in the same folder as game starter.exe. It is the path to the game and the game's exe file. Game Starter.exe needs to be in the parent folder of the game. You would only have the two files in that folder.

Any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Addendum:

The only drawback to this is that it requires VB6 Runtime. Also, there are a lot of other great apps out there - including the one in the store that is a lot more sophisticated. If they ever include the xbox option I will probably get it.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 11:14
Very nice work there

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline