Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Variable problem in BlueGui version 2 commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem that I am having is that some of my variables are ignoring the commands that they are set to. the best way to see this is to look at and run the attached code. I have set several variables to gadgetwidth, gadgetheight, gadgetclientwidth, and gadgetclientheight. I also set up variables for the dbpro window handle and the width and height of the window. I set up a status bar with panels to show me what each variables value is. Some of the variables show the correct info while others just show 0.
I even have 2 commands that are identical except for the window handle. 1 shows the correct info, the other one does not.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 01:01
Put this stuff after your global declarations. Declaring a variable global after using it initializes it, I think.

Does the desktop width/height work? Because that looks to be done in the correct order.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks tiresius,
That solved the problem. The desktop width/height always worked. I should have realized that the variables wouldn't work right when they are made global after trying to use them. I guess my brain wanted to take a time out when I wrote that section of code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:06:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:06:11