Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Doors dont cut walls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 20:09
This is really weird... I just begun working on EC, and ive just found that any walls i put in, the doors don't make a hole in the wall to go through, the wall just stays there. It works fine with rooms (Walls and Floors) but not seperate walls and floors. Not even Wall Large in Stock Models work! any help? Reinstalling never made a difference...

Pentium 4 2.61ghz 1.5gb DDR 333Mhz RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS AGP 8X
Endangered City. An Endangered Species
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 20:18
Because CSGs can only cut through room segments.

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 22:36
Yeah, but its always worked before. It usually applied CSG to Wall Segments as well as rooms... Wall Large used to always be the main wall I would use a door on, but now it wont work.

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 22:45
go to the .fps file and find the mesh(es) you want to cut and set CSGimmune=0 (or similar)

Not in cruelty, Not in wrath The Reaper came today;
An Angel visited this gray path And took the cube away.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 22:59 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 23:00
Quote: "Because CSGs can only cut through room segments."
That statement is false a CSG Punch will cut ANY segment as long as it doesn't have the no CSG tag.

@YFPSD
Make sure the CSG punch is large enough that it stick out on both sides equally.There are a number of CSG bugs and the Punch it self might not always be the problem the segment it self or the walls that your are using might be at fault higher poly wall meshes tends to give
errors.

also as mentioned make sure you have done every thing correctly check your FPE files.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 23:06
Quote: "go to the .fps file and find the mesh(es) you want to cut and set CSGimmune=0 (or similar)"

Hrm... Im afraid that may not be the issue. Have a look at the chipboard wall.fps file which is one of the many custom walls which dont cut through.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 02:27
Darn, I was hoping that csgimmune=0 would work. I always had problems with doors not working with customized or even FPSC stock single segmented walls. So, I gave up trying. That's why I wanted Butter Cutter which is no longer available. But, then again, maybe that wouldn't have been the answer either.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 03:14
@flat, use segment

not entity
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 04:26 Edited at: 4th Apr 2009 23:43
@Mugen:
Quote: "not working with customized or even FPSC stock single segmented walls"
They are using wall-only segments not entities(like when you press "M"( i think) and it'll only paint a wall).

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 12:46
dar13 its M for walls,F for floors

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 23:42
oops, it's been a while.

veltro
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 13:23
The problem I think is

if visoverlay is not 0 then no CSG will work
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 15:58
Quote: "visoverlay = 1 "

That is used in all wall segments. If it were to change to 0, it turns that wall into a room segment. Weird thing is, CSG works perfectly with it when I turn it into a room segment. It appears only room segments can be CSG'd to allow doors through...

veltro
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 16:45
Only rooms segments are allowed to be CSG'd.

To paint only room segments wall press the 'M' key. I think it can be a good idea to create a room segments using the wall you want and a suitable floor. You sholud also consider that often the editor 'helps' you in drawing external wall too.

By the way I always thought the editor would be much more usefull if it drops the 'room concept' and allow user to create rooms assembling by components: floor, walls, ceiling, corners. Assembly a level may be is much longer but also more flexibile
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 22:18
Quote: "By the way I always thought the editor would be much more usefull if it drops the 'room concept' and allow user to create rooms assembling by components: floor, walls, ceiling, corners. Assembly a level may be is much longer but also more flexibile "

Yeah, i feel the same way. I mean, I cannot work on EC because my CSG prevents me from getting through a door. I will reinstall FPSC and see what happens, but i assure everyone it will probably not work...

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 00:27
There's nothing really wrong with the current CSG system. Just means you need to make a room segment for any wall you want a door in. It's not exactly the biggest issue on the list.

You can always import a wall segment into another program, punch a CSG hole through it the size of an FPSC door and re import the mesh into FPSC.

Ideally CSG immmune should work for any segment of course but I don't think Lee has any intention of changing the current segment room system for doors. He designed it that way.
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 23:09
Ok reinstalled FPS Creator. Ive patched to V1.15 because for some reason V1 kept giving me Runtime Error 118 Array Out Of Bounds 10181. Here is the result.

"WHY DOES THIS NOT WORK? IT WORKED FINE BEFORE I UPGRADED MY COMPUTER AND RESTORED THE HARD DRIVE BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE AND NOW THE CSG ISNT CLEVER ENOUGH TO CUT THROUGH A WALL TO ALLOW A DOOR THROUGH?!"

Im going to blow my top in a second, without this EC is at a grinding halt, and without it im not going to be able to achieve my ambition. So please, any better suggestions than to reinstall?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:16:13