Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to make double decker chateau?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 03:42
Can someone please tell me how to create a double decker level, using chateau or any level, but chateau is preferable, w/o it glitching any part of the level?

Feel free to upload an fpm as well to anyone who is feeling lazy
Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 15:40 Edited at: 4th Apr 2009 18:41
Dude seriously!! Do some work yourself!!

Go and read some tutorials or even the FPSC manual, all the basics like this are covered in there so you won't have to keep asking basic questions...

The answer however is simple: use the + button to move up a level above the one you are working on, add the chateau segments, remove the floor segment from where you want to player to move up and add some stairs!

Bold and caps removed.

Far too new to be helping...

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 17:06
Dont you talk to me like that. I'm here to learn, and if you're not here to teach, then BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!! I'm TIRED of people like you doing this to me just because I want to learn!
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 17:28
This has nothing to Do with "Learning", you're just to lazy to read the goddamn Manual.

If you would read it, you wouldn't have all this unneccesary Questions, sorry, but it's the truth.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 17:40
The best way to learn is to use the search function, look at Nickydude's guide and the manual.

These questions get asked time and time again, and people like GOH and spurs1al are getting sick of it.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 17:44 Edited at: 4th Apr 2009 17:45
I'm sorry i try to be helpful around here i consider myself helpful and kind to most, but this is just to much i had a 5 min long laughing fit when i read this.

they include a manual for a reason you know read it then you would know that it takes no longer than 30 seconds to do what you are asking. I'm also getting sick of these questions please try for once and dont take short cuts it only makes your game suck.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 17:56
Well excuse me for using the download, and I'm still waiting for my CD to get here..
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:02
If You're New to FPSC, Look Here

Could it be any more obvious?

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:06
Thanks. At least SOMEONE is helpful around here.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:17
Mugen Wizardry,

Welcome to the forum. The manual is included in the download version also. There should be a shortcut to it in the FPSC Program menu, and you will find it in the C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs folder. The community guide is a must read and the link for "New to FPSC" was provided above.

The reason some people get angry is because you posted that you were lazy. That may be acceptable elsewhere, but not here. Those of us who have been here for a while and have worked hard to get proficient with the engine didn't do it for you.

That being said, those who are bothered by this kind of question should just not answer it. Using BOLD CAPS to belittle a new guy for asking a question is certainly not professional, and doesn't promote the type of atmosphere we want or need to bring fresh blood and talent into the community.

Best.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:22
Thanks Xplosis!

I totally agree
Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:46 Edited at: 4th Apr 2009 18:50
Quote: "Dont you talk to me like that. I'm here to learn, and if you're not here to teach, then BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!! I'm TIRED of people like you doing this to me just because I want to learn!"

If you paid any attention to the posts you create, you would see that I have answer like 5 of them, that (believe it or not) is answering your questions.

You are sick of people doing this to you because you are not doing any research or learning before asking the questions, one simple search would give you answers to these questions as these are all questions that have been asked time and time again, I am not expert on FPSC but I took a lot of time experimenting, reading and searching for the answers before asking the guys on the forums.

I do not mind helping, I have learnt through experience rather than asking people to do the work for me!

Quote: "Feel free to upload an fpm as well to anyone who is feeling lazy "

Plus on nearly every other post I have given you the link to the community guide to try to avoid this type of situation.

I'm sorry if you felt belittled, it was not intended that way, I was just trying to make the point that the forums are a 2 way street, give and take !

outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 18:56
watch the video tutorials

un-banned. ADD ME ON
XBOX LIVE!
Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
xplosys I also agree that if you are reading this thread for the first time with no prior knowledge that mugen had posted before it seems that I have come across in the manner you have discribed, I like to answer questions and help people,

The reason for the "outburst" was because Mugen has 11 posts in the last week on the very basics of the engine, and with each answer on the posts there is no real closure, a simple "thanks that worked!" would show the answer helped and that there is some degree of gradatude for the help!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 19:36
I did not post what I did about this thread only, but as a comment on the forum and it's members as a whole. I have gone back to threads and posted... "Your Welcome!" though no thanks or even recognition of the help was offered. I guess that's one way I have chosen to deal with it, and I don't think that cussing someone out helps, because the proof is in the posting. I have been here a while, and it still goes on. I have to remember where I am, and that I am above the pettiness. It took me a while to get used to the fact that I'm a big kid in the sandbox, and it's easier for me to just try to get along than it is to throw sand.

Here is something that I have noticed almost without fail. The first response sets the theme for the remainder of the thread. If the first response to the question, problem or even nasty remark is one of kindness, the rest of the thread is normally very short and without incident. If however the first response is one of flaming, others will jump in to join the roast and bring more fuel.

No argument with you spurs1al and I meant no disrespect. Just making an observation.

Best.

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 21:44
Someone seems to be an internet psychologist

Although I agree with you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:26:04