Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / .exe doesnt work on other computers!!!!!!1!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,
i am in despair, a little
i was trying to make a little game and show it some friend , but the .exe doesnt work on their computers!
The one friend has XP and he get the Error message with false application configuration , try to reinstall ....
The other got Vista and he got the error with the side-by-side applications.....
p.s i have got Windows XP

i've uploaded the game in this post

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 00:02
It is probably because you are compiling using the debug libraries. In VC++ along the top banner where it says "Debug", change that to "Release". Now in the solution explorer (on the left hand side of the screen) right click on your game project and select "Properties".

Go to "Configuration Properties" -> "C/C++" -> "Code Generation" and change the "Runtime Library" to "Multi-threaded (/MT)". I am pretty sure that is what you need to do, if that doesn't work you will have to have your friends install the VC++ redistributable runtime libraries in order to play the game.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:50 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 02:50
It worked on my computer and I have XP 32-bit.

1)Did you compile in release mode?
2)Does your one friend have XP 64-bit or 32-bit?

#ifdef _DEBUG
FixBugs(All);
#endif
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 06:49
Does your friend have the August 2007 version of Direct X installed on his workstation? You don't seem to be distributing the DLL for it with your game.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
lego666
Years of Service
User Offline
it worked on my pc, maybe ur friend didn't have directx 9

BrainMech
adastras
Years of Service
User Offline
add microsoft.vc90.crt.xml

Attachments

nadir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 12:19 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 16:12
First, thx for all your answers
@ABXG : i changed it to MT , then i only can run it in debug mode, if i want to release i get an error: the system cant found the 2d spiel.exe and fatal error LNK1120: 1 unsolved extern link
@Bran flakes :
1.) i am compiling in release mode
2.)the one friend got win XP 32-bit
@Lilith: I am sure that both friends have got the newest directx versions, because they are gamers and have got high-end computers)))
Yes, it seems like i am not distributing the dll's with my game.Do you know how to fix that?
@adastras: going to try this out
nadir
Years of Service
User Offline
News; it seems to work on every Windows Xp now.
I have fixed some things.I reinstalled VS C++ and Directx and now added the redist data to the VS Express 2008.
But there is still a problem: it doesnt work on Vista.Does someone got any idea why?

Uploading the newer version..

Attachments

Sharp Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 18:31
sometimes you get the Error message with false application configuration if you dont have installed .NET Framework 3.5

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 18:59
Quote: "@Lilith: I am sure that both friends have got the newest directx versions, because they are gamers and have got high-end computers)))"

Latest DirectX version doesn't mean diddly. It has to be August 2007 release. Look under C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Redist>. You should see a large number of .CAB files with various dates. You should be looking for AUG2007_d3dx9_35_x86.cab. Use WinZip or some other competent unzipping program to look inside for the appropriate .DLL file which should be placed in the same directory as your executable.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
nadir
Years of Service
User Offline
thx Lilith i have already fixed this one.
Scottie Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Nadir,

I dont suppose you could mention HOW you fixed this problem?
nadir
Years of Service
User Offline
[quoteI have fixed some things.I reinstalled VS C++ and Directx and now added the redist data to the VS Express 2008.
But there is still a problem: it doesnt work on Vista.Does someone got any idea why?[/quote]
this was it.
i reinstalled Visual sutido and August SDK.
then at the installation of August SDK u need to mark the redist data to be installed, i think the first time i've installed it i had overseen it -.-
then added the redist folder in the Visual Studio
DaddyJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure your running as Administrator in Vista, could be a UAC problem, right click and runas Admin.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:26:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:26:21