Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Type of Object supported by Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry guys for asking a lot of questions, but i'm new and i want help from you... my question now is::
what are all the types of files of object supported by Dark GDK??
i already know the ".X" file type ?? what are the others??

BrainMech
go2none
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 00:37
According to the documentation:

Quote: "dbLoadObject
This command loads a model into the specified 3D object number. You must specify a model in the X, 3DS, MDL, MD2 or MD3 format. Once you have loaded the 3D object file successfully, you can use the specified 3D object number to position, rotate, scale, animate and manipulate your 3D object. The object number should be specified using an integer value. "

There's also .dbo, right?
lego666
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks i understand this, and i find the documentation... but i trid to load dbLoadObject ("tank.3ds", 1) , when i debug, the window of the game freeze and it doesn't work and i didn't see the tank..... maybe i copied the file to a wrong directory, my projects are in documents> visual studio 2008> projects, can anybody tell e where i want to copy the files i want to load???
-also i tried to load a image it didn't work...

BrainMech
atomic knights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 22:59
the new versions of 3ds don't work. As you said, they freeze. I remember reading somewhere the highest version that loads. it was probably somewhere in the forum.

I got Milkshape and just convert them to .X files

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:32:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:32:08