Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Can never use efx mod

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There has always been a problem with me trying to download the efx mod. The first problem was when they released to first beta to the mod, I downloaded it, but my computer wasn't fast enough to run it. But, as soon as I get my powerful pc, they close the mod. Then when they released the most recent release of efx mod, I went on the forums to check on it today only to find a broken download link.
It is just really starting to get on my nerves!
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
well thanks to the guys on this forum...

... efxMod Developer!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
The products you and Nighthawk create are high quality and great , but what is high quality without good customer service?
henrypan321
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree Master13.

But I still have efxMod. But when I try to run test game, it always crashes at the end of the loading...
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:46 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 02:50
@Dark Goblin:

I'd be taking the "S" off of "Guys". Just to avoid a flame war.
henrypan321
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:49 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 02:51
@Bendak11

Actually, that was long over. Recently they released a new beta for people to use but then there was an argument and the thread got locked, so I think the people at Helix pulled down the link.

Edit: Here's the link to that thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148038&b=21
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:52
Quote: "but what is high quality without good customer service?"

Wow, so I'm NOT the only one who thinks this.

I've always said and will still say that Helix has made a great Mod. They are in no way failures at what they do. They don't pretend to have great customer support, but they really should try to bring it up a notch.

If they spent as much time concentrating on customer friendliness as they do on their shader system, there would be no competition to their Mod.

Quote: "well thanks to the guys on this forum..."

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, but it's all in the eye(s) of the beholder. From what I've seen in the threads you and Nighthawk have made... the moment someone has the slightest issue with your Mod or your methods, you take it out on them as them being incompetent or inferior to you in some way. "Can you read?" That had to be the most used response from Helix to problems people had with the Mod... it was quite sad to see, actually. If you cannot understand the difficulties that people face attempting to use or comprehend your Mod, then that is no fault of the customer. A successful business needs to have both a great product and a great support, not just one or the other.

The one and only,

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:56 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 03:00
Quote: "well thanks to the guys on this forum..."

I think the ratio of folks who post on here is way lower than the total who visit and just view, its a pity that people are being put off with releasing their media/mods, it always seems to be when they are just on the verge of completion, these threads always start out well and then seem to crash and burn. Some of it seems to be misunderstanding what was said, but a lot of it is down to competitiveness, which is fair enough, but some of it seems to be over-zealous.
At the end of the day we are all in the same boat whatever level we are at and we should all be helping each other out, I get a lot of inspiration from these forums,its better than it used to be with a little more vigilance from the mods, I wouldnt let a few bad posts put me off
Thing is there is always room for creative minds around here, would be a shame if we let our own and other folks ego's create a desert round here.
It does have to be said tho' if you dont take the time to respond to your potential customers, (always assume they are right) they will never buy your product.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Actually, that was long over. Recently they released a new beta for people to use but then there was an argument and the thread got locked, so I think the people at Helix pulled down the link."
I just saw that thread today, and realized I could not download the mod.

Quote: "Wow, so I'm NOT the only one who thinks this"
Your mod look great too! And I heard it was a lot cheaper than the efx mod.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 07:21
Quote: "I heard it was a lot cheaper than the efx mod."

$20 to remove the splashscreen and watermark.

You can even use the Demo to make commercial games and contest entries!

[/shameless self-advertising]

The one and only,

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 07:38
@ Dark Goblin
in all due respect don't you think your being biased to the English community. can you truthfully say that there hasn't been a single person on the German forums who complained about your extremely strict terms of use? or are their terms of use less strict than ours when it comes to your mod?
and
personally i think your mod has nice effects but they are extremely overdone. i mean, when you look around the room your in is everything washed out, blurry, etc.?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 14:20
I would post my opinion on here, but everytime I post on a EFX Mod thread it gets locked..so Im going to say nothing, But you guys know what I think

CoZ

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 14:37
Honestly, I have never liked EFX mod that much. It was laggy, and the self updater was the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. If Lemur II got finished, it would have dominated multiplayer and graphics wise.

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree Efx is stupid!\

doesnt even work, and and when it was taken ofline i waited months for it. They won't help me and so im back to zero...

They are weird monkeys i say

IV
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 15:22
Sure, you need to support the audience to have a succesful product, but the lack of motivation to even try to self-solve issues of some members on here is scaringly low. Perhaps I come off as impatient, but that's how I interpreted the situation.
I admire the work they put into their mods, especially the new deffered shading system in dev, and I hope to be able to work with these mods sometime when I've got an idea planned out and ready for dev. Though, right now it looks like I'll have to head on over to the german boards. Not that that's much of a bother, but I really don't know a lot of german at all.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 15:54
Quote: "Sure, you need to support the audience to have a succesful product, but the lack of motivation to even try to self-solve issues of some members on here is scaringly low. Perhaps I come off as impatient, but that's how I interpreted the situation."

That's very true, but you must remember that we have many young, inexperienced members here who are still learning how to get around in Windows. We get questions like "How do I name a file?". Do we tell them to get lost? It's just the "If you don't like it, don't use it" attitude that keeps me from ever even trying it.

Apply that attitude to any other vendor/customer relationship and tell me if it works.

Best.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 16:03
You do have a good point there, xplosys. I can't claim that I was much better with approaching problems during my first year using computers.
I'm not defending their approach in terms of support, more just airing my thoughts on that I see how it can become quite a nuisance with so many "helpless" users. But it's something that we'll all have to reluctantly endure every now and then.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 16:20
Quote: "But it's something that we'll all have to reluctantly endure every now and then. "

Only if we actually want others to use our products, friend.

Best.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 16:26
Quote: "Only if we actually want others to use our products, friend."

Of course, but I don't think a lot of people actually like working with support. If they do, they must have a heck of a lot of patience.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 20:35 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 20:36
to get all of this clear now:

We help users who have issues with our mod!
but if they ask the same thing every third post or so, I think we have the right to be a bit ... angry because they can not read.

also if there are some users who think they need to say bad things about everything, well we have no problem with that(we ignore them) but if someone says "Oh thats a bad program!" or that stuff (not writing it because the thread will become locked!), i think its a normal reaction.

If you all think you can create something simular to efxMod (with the SAME quality!) than do it. But I don`t think you are able to do this in about some weeks.
I really hope that you will sometime accept something someone says to you.

If TGC would have a license like ours I am sure no one will say anything about it. But you all can not work with the things we give you.

So we have the opinion of you to be respectless.

DarkGoblin

PS: I know what will come now... flame wars again!

... efxMod Developer!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 20:42 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 20:44
Quote: "If you all think you can create something simular to efxMod (with the SAME quality!) than do it. But I don`t think you are able to do this in about some weeks."

*Sigh* Do I have to start coding shaders right now to just prove to you that many a user could kick EFX's backside?!? Because Im rather tired.

I think the main issue with users is the fact that there is so much red tape to 'dodge' when using EFX, it just annoys you to the point where you dont want to use it anymore.

Thats all im saying

CoZ

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 20:45
Quote: "If you all think you can create something simular to efxMod (with the SAME quality!) than do it."

That's the attitude I'm talking about.

Quote: "So we have the opinion of you to be respectless."

I have the same opinion of you (although I spell it correctly) but I'm not trying to sell you anything. Your immaturity will continue to cause issues here. Your images and work are great, but there is just too much attitude attached to it for me to use it. It seems others feel the same, which is a shame because it has great potential.

Best.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 21:52 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 21:53
I did for a few weeks try out efx mod has nice effects and every thing but what a mess getting the effects to work with scripting commands people complaint and they still went ahead with this approach.

Then this little arrogant nighthawk came along and spoke to me like a 4 year old and told me I can’t use the free version of the mod on my game if I intend to publish the game free on a PCF cover disk the object being I’m not making any money from it and by law PCF can’t charge you for the disk content.

The free version said non-commercial use screw nighthawk and I still published it.
I still send PCF games but made with X10.

Nighthawk you are arrogant and don’t think jack about you customers you completely lack social interactions skills and know nothing about marketing.

Further more you are not the gift to FPSC same goes for you Dark Goblin Don’t you dare raise your little bold letters at me.

We argue with you because the way you go about promoting your product or the lack of it. I hope you do know that you are a luxury come the migration version.

I would like to warn all persons wanting to buy EFX not to do so as there business sense is to remove a product the moment the heat gets too much as well as the lack of support.
As well as their childish responses to people complaining or reporting problems on the mod.

They are a bunch of teeny bobbers with complex thinking I can do better it than Lee the FPSC god him self.

Good luck Chuck

I find it personal that you attack my fellow FPSC’s and you have done your self more harm than good and I hope some starts an official boycott thread or you formally apologize for you childish behavior as well as your outbursts towards members that have every right to question your ethics as they will or might be customers in future.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 22:57
I understand what Went On before The Thread got Lock. I got My Hands On there New Beta. I never Used It For Commerical use. None Of My Projects Are Commerical And I Don't think Any Time Soon I will Make it Commerical Until I Can Make The Models, Audio, Scripts, etc. MySelf. I Loved EFX Mod! To Me, It's Better Then X10 Besides FramRates But I never Had Frame issues With The Mod. I Still Haven't Tested The Newest Beta Yet But Will Soon. I never Had Any Problems With There Rules As Rules Are Strict Everywhere Here In New york. I Would Buy the Full Version At That High Price Without A Second Thought (Whenever I Can Get The Money).

I Have A Feeling Am Goning To Get An E-Mail From Them.....

Best Of luck Helix And All FPSC Users Here....

New Computer: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 6114MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, MSI P7N SLI-FI Motherboard - nForce 750i SLI
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 03:56
You must learn to be tolerant of each other and be respectful to other members at all times if you want to keep threads open at these forums.

Unfortunately many threads which are or might have been of some considerable value to the FPSC community are locked or other actions taken by moderators which though regrettable are none the less necessary to preserve civility.

As usual you are welcome to try again if you wish however reputition of bad behaviours will result in the same outcome, but then you know that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:07