Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Physics player with AI entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know a way to get a PhysX Player Controller to work with Dark AI Entity Characters? When I try it, the entity will fall, but then when it hits the ground, it won't be affected by gravity anymore, does anyone have a solution, this is all I have
[/code]
phy move character controller Phy_CharBlk01,0.001
rotate object TST_Enemy,0,AI get entity angle y(TST_Enemy),0
position object TST_Enemy,AI Get entity x(TST_Enemy),object position y(Phy_CharBlk01),AI get entity z(TST_Enemy)
position object Phy_CharBlk01,object position x(TST_Enemy),object position y(Phy_CharBlk01),object position z(TST_Enemy)
if ai get entity is moving(TST_Enemy)=0
AI entity random move TST_Enemy,100,100
endif
AI entity look at position TST_Enemy,AI get entity destination x(TST_Enemy),AI get entity destination z(TST_Enemy)
[code]

T-Aqa
-Every Time-
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 21:04 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 21:06
you're supposed to put the [/code] after the [code], you got them backwards

Anyway, DarkAI should work well with DarkPhysX unless you're trying to make the AIs be affected by physics. If that's the case, then you need to not let DarkAI directly integrate with DBPro. Rather, instead, you should be doing your own movement of the AIs based on input from DarkAI, letting physics take over, then feeding the new AI locations back into DarkAI.

Everything I needed to know about trigonometry, I learned by becoming a game programmer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:58:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:58:16