Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC game has stopped working Message

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong but I created an arena game like the docs say. It works on my machine no problem. I zipped up the folder it is in and put it on my other computers and get that message. Mine is an XP - the others are Vista. I am even running as an admin which I am logged into as.

I did include all of the files and folders that was created when I build the game. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Warren
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 22:07 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 22:08
Warren
Years of Service
User Offline
It has Directx 10 installed. All Vista machines come with 10.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!!!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 01:17
Yes, install DirectX 9.0c as has already been suggested.

Vista comes with DirectX 10 installed, but not 9.0c. FPSC absolutely requires 9.0c

Warren
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded directx 9.0c install and ran it. It extracts and then I run dxsetup.exe. It asks to accept the license and then says its installed and ready.

Still game does not work. When i now run dxdiag it still shows version 10. Is there any special way to get it installed? I'm surprised I'm the only one with this problem.

Thanks
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 16:39
Quote: "Vista comes with DirectX 10 installed, but not 9.0c. FPSC absolutely requires 9.0c"

Will any of the GameCreators Tech team (Lee?) be commenting on this?

Quote: "I downloaded directx 9.0c install and ran it. It extracts and then I run dxsetup.exe. It asks to accept the license and then says its installed and ready. "

So you can't "downgrade" DirectX on Vista?

I ran into some problems myself while testing my Scificompo entry-a level which i reuse with minor changes (winzone moved, some models changed from dynamic to static mode) makes the game crash on vista-need to do tests with the bugger on xp still. Could this be the same issue?

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Warren
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the latest of what I tried. My Toshiba laptop is running Vista so I installed FPS Creator on the laptop and it ran. I even created a game and built it to an exe and then ran the exe on the Vista machine and it ran fine. I then went back trying to run the arena game I made on my XP machine and it stilled failed with the same message.

Why would it run an exe made on the vista machine but not from my xp machine?

Thanks,

Warren

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:40