Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / [LOCKED] TGF Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 23:35 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 01:21
The Games Factory is a game-making program created by Clickteam sometime in 1996. If you are a lucky indie like me you may own GameMaker Issue 1 which has TGF Pro on it.

I have now begun work on several projects, the main one being the highlight of this edit. I have now conquered ini files so without further ado, lets begin!

PROJECT #1: BombTag

This is the first game I have created.

Doesnt look like much, but its surprising addictive. The basic goal is that there is a bomb, when the timer at the top hits 0, the bomb explodes. Anyone caught in the vicinity of the explosion will die and a point will be awarded to the survivor. If both are killed, then points are awarded to both players. When the bomb collides with someone, they become "Tagged" and so they hold the bomb. You throw the bomb by aiming in the direction you wish to throw in and pressing Spacebar. Upon doing so the bomb is flung at full speed in the direction you threw it in. The aim is to kill the opponent without being killed yourself, although there is a tactic that can be used if you are feeling foolish and wish to win, if only at the cost of the opponent also gaining points. This is known as "Gutsy" where you run up to your opponent while holding the bomb and wait for the timer to expire. If executed correctly both players will score. If the opponent escapes the blast radius they will score the point only.
The game will feature:
2/3 Player Individual Mode
1/2/3 Player vs 2/3 CPU Mode and...

The Medal System!

This is how I conquered ini objects. With the medal system you can unlock medals which add to your overall score as a T.M.S Gamer. This score can be uploaded to the T.M.S website where it will be used in competitions to obtain the highest score where users can win prizes e.g new games or music to use for game making.

Pentium 4 2.61ghz 1.5gb DDR 333Mhz RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS AGP 8X
Endangered City. An Endangered Species
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 05:46
Nope, now go make a game

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:54
Oh wow! Its not locked! Okay, now well I guess im focusing on this thread! Editing First post...

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 14:20
Sorry for double posting, but can a moderator please change my name to "Thistle Studios"?

MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 15:29 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 15:29
Why? You're not a studio, or the owner of any number of them.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 15:35
Locking this, as it seems the 2D board has been mistaken for some sort of non-TGC product announcement section.

If you must post about your game, only post screenshots and only if you want critique on them, don't post links to non-TGC product games. The only place you could post about your game with a link is geek culture, which in case your wondering would be like throwing a rabbit into a bear pit.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:19:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:19:58