Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Just a simple FPS gun question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 23:46
Hey! I'm working on a FPS and i'm just thinking of the most efficient way of making the gun. Here are my 2 ideas.

1. Make the hands/arms on each gun model and animate separately.
2. Make on hands/arms model and animate it for every gun then make the gun models to go with the animation.

Which one both modeling and programming wise do you think would be a better idea?
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 12:38
number 1. All your guns aren't going to be used in the same way are they? Imagine someone trying to pump load an AK.
Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 13:41
lol

I reckon you can do 2, if you can be arsed to make different hands for each weapon (maybe just copy paste the hand model, I'm not an artist). I think this is what they have done in the model packs.

Then all you need to do is call the generic reload animation, for example "Reload". Each weapon's animation will behave differently, but the call will still be the same.

And jezza, if you support blues, then you're a "fag"

Cheers,
Bozzy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:16:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:16:34