Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / a way to trick a weapon into using a diffrent debris folder + a few other questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 03:12
alright. ply, eai, all others, come here please.

i don't know if that is relevant.
what im trying to achieve is a bullet tracer that uses a different debris folder than other, projectile weapons. if this is achieved than i can eliminate exploding bullets and other errors faced before. i am also trying to see what the heck is wrong with the "scorched" overlay that is supposed to appear after an explosion. im just starting all this now and any help is appreciated.

im also wondering if it is possible to have halo style grenades where you have 4 at any given time, and can throw them by pressing a key. this is not as important as the first one. i don't see if it would work because its classified as a weapon and you can only have one at any given time.

ps. what do you do when a blonde throws a gernade at you

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 11:46
Quote: "ps. what do you do when a blonde throws a gernade at you
"

Haha! That's great

knxrb

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 15:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 15:23
Quote: "what im trying to achieve is a bullet tracer that uses a different debris folder than other, projectile weapons."

Hmmm... Not sure I follow you because flak does not use or generate debris.

To even go in the right direction, you must use Ply's Mod because that is the only way to get more control over flak and make non-global changes.

In Ply's Mod there is no "3D" explosion effect. I'm actually not too keen on that as I'd rather have a flag to toggle on/off to use it but I'm sidetracking. Another thing about Ply's Mod is that it actually uses the decals specified in the flakspec. So, you can 100% for-sure use a blank decal eliminating any visual explosion effect by pointing to your blank decal where you see

;FLAK Explosion
exponfloor = x
expinair = y

You will also need to adjust some Plys Mod flags in flakspec to control the force/radius although I'm not sure you can have a radius of less than 1 segment size. The way flak inflicts damage may also be a bit iffy because it's calculated differently but you can play around trying to tune that.

The scorches for flak come from the bullethole image. It randomizes between the 3 or 4 explosion marks and they are always big. You will need to change the image/alpha content so that you only have a pixel or two in the center. I', not sure how bad it will look but probabily not great. So, you may need to greatly increase the pixel dimensions of the (pre?)bullethole.dds. However, that's an unavoidable global change which means if you throw a grenade it will use the same scorch marks.
I will not tell you that no
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 23:40
Why would you post this?????

Proud author of LeonGames. (www.leongames.net)
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 00:28
@IWNTYTN:

Why would YOU post THAT? It's unconstructive, and may lead to a slap.
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 02:03
@ I will not tell you that no
Quote: "Why would you post this?????"

why? you ask. ill tell you.
mabye, JUST MABYE i want to make a good game. MABYE this will improve the gameplay of peoples games. MABYE when i find a way to improve the weapon system ill share it. and MBAYE i have better things to do here than spam a fourm up with useless posts like you seem to do all too much.

and im still working on this, however. im putting together a huge pile of models first for a different project

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:24:56