Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enemy accuracy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 04:25
Can you turn down how accurate the enemies are? It makes the game unrealistic and boring when the experience is:

walk into room and get shot
try to run around and get shot
try to run out, get shot on the way out, than take cover behind a dor and immediately, the enemy stops firing and stands there
give up on trying to get to cover in the room before getting shot and rush in there and let the guy shoot you multiple times while you shoot him too.

I want you to run in the room, get shot at, but not hit because the enemy isn't a deadshot, get into cover, stand and shoot him.

this won't happen because the enemies are way too damn accurate!
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 04:46
Shoot.fpi is a fair shooting script, although I usually use snipe.fpi because I enjoy a challenge.

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 21:15
Which makes them less accurate?
woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:50
i think you have to change some numbers somewhere, i just know its not a script. you can change their accuracy though

fear my udder of doom!
Tony1991
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 23:07
The script in 'shoot.fpi' has the command "rotatetoplr" in it, therefore it's not a good script at all. It's basically setting the entities direction to your position. So basically the enemies have aimbot
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 06:04
I want them to shoot at you but miss a lot. like 1 his every 10 shots fired
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
There's a hack/workaround you can use if you are ok with the player not being able to pick up/use the enemy's weapon...

Go in the gunspec.txt of their weapon and set accuracy to something huge like 200 or more. The bullets will go all over the place. Just don't let the player use the gun because it will have even worse accuracy when the player uses it (AI cheats tighter shot groups). If you want the player to collect something after killing them, have a script spawn some ammo or whatever nearby for the player to collect.

It's best to make a duplicate weapon for this use so you don't mess up the original. For example if you want to assign the colt45, duplicate the gamecore/guns colt45 directory and call it ai_colt45. You won't need to worry about FPEs/entities/etc. because you never want the player to use the AI tweaked version. You can even delete the HUD.x file and some other non-critical files from the enemy version to save memory if you want. Just be sure you delete DBO/BIN files each time you tweak values if you are using an official update.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 20:39
Or better yet, let them keep the gun, and script them hitting you with it.

Simply use the "rundecal" command to make their gun's muzzle flash, and randomly take life away from the player when they're "firing". It's essentially what FPSC does, but you'll be in control of how often the hits occur.

The one and only,

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 21:30
I'll just do a duplicate, and it'll be an assault rifle or machine gun, not a pistol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:54