Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Start game slide-in

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 09:02
I don't know if you guys ever noticed, but when an FPSC game starts, it starts with an slide-in effect. Honestly, this effect is terrible and i wanted to know how i can remove it.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 11:53
Quote: "but when an FPSC game starts, it starts with an slide-in effect."

!? I've never seen that.
Can you take a screenie?

knxrb

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 12:26
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6132/exampleu.gif

I made a little gif.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 12:35
Yeh it does do that i dont like it either a fade in would be better but you cannot get rid of it unless you edit the source.

This is a feature creep what is it with users now the past few weeks all the post have been FPSC Chat regardless of if they are obviously not meant to be here.

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:10
It's not really a feature creep, i wanted to know how to remove this terrible thing from my game.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 05:55
I've figured out a way to "get rid of it". While it doesn't actually get rid of it, it gives the illusion of the game fading in from black instead.

You simple retexture one of the fake wall objects to be completely black, place it directly in front of the player's start maker, give it a spawn life of 2 or so, and set it's destroy script to "disappear2.fpi". If all done correctly, the game should look like it's fading in from black.

You could probably accomplish all sorts of effects this way, but this is just one of the ones I've found. I hope you guys can put it to good use, I was contemplating keeping a secret for a while.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 13:33 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 13:34
The way I got around it was just covering the entire screen in a black HUD (Not completely black, otherwise FPSC would make it transparent) at the start of the level, then letting it sit there for a moment before unshowing it (by that time, the "slide-in" will have finished). The effect is even cooler if you have the HUD fadeout instead of just unshowing it!

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Dumpus and Plystire: Those are great ideas... Really cool.

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 02:18
@Plystire

...sounds like a great alternative, I'll have to try that as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:18:09