Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Few problems after getting game running

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 10:05
So, i've loaded .DBO map on DarkGDK with graphics / entities now and everything is fine. But what I wan't now is to know how I can add bloom to this map? Also how to add camera so, it will collide with objects? From that one I should know how to continue. Only bloom and object colliding makes me go crazy. Here's the code so far:

I know it's basic code, but I'm still such a starter with this stuff.

You think so?
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 15:34 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 15:39
I am not entirely sure the DarkGDK game engine supports bloom. As far as creating additional cameras you can use the
following command to create a camera.

There is a lot more documentation that was included with the installation of DarkGDK (in DarkGDKDocumentation to be specific) that can tell you a whole lot more about pretty much every single command in DarkGDK, it has been extremely helpful for me.

As far as giving a camera collision detection, that is much harder. The method I am working on for camera collisions with the environment is to actually create a a small sphere that follows my main character around. Using the WASD keys I control the movement of my character, me "camera collision sphere" trails behind my character and I position my camera where ever my collision sphere is. The idea is that because you can set up collision between the game world and the collision sphere it should be possible to prevent the camera from clipping through the world.

I have been working on getting this right for two days now, my engine for moving my character around has gone through many revisions. My advice to you would honestly be to try and keep your game first person unless you have to have a zoom out function. It is just so much easier not having to deal with having a third person camera.

EDIT: To give you an example of my code:

It requires Sparkys Collisions. Object number 1 is your game world, object 2 is your avatar, object 3 is the camera collision sphere. So if you want to run this code you will have to set it up with that in mind, you will also have to get a hold of Sparkys Collisions 2.05b (search the forums for it).

CharacterControl.h

CharacterControl.cpp (note, this is maybe half done)

------------------------------------
Currently developing an "over-the-shoulder", action based, RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:23:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:23:53