Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Tito The Bouncin Alien

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 14:45
The demo is now avaliable
[url]www.dimsdale-kreozot.com/tito[/url]
everyone go and get it now!!!

I did the music for the level (not the intro), and most of the other levels in the full version. It's my first break into the industry. Anyone wanna hire me?

But it's an awesome game, fun to play, great music, etc etc. Go and try her out! Post responses here!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 22:30
i heard Leite is also doing a few tracks for this ...
or atleast i think thats why he said he was blowing off doing the tracks i've asked him for - those that kid is a lil insane if you ask me

downloading now, lets see what everyone here thinks of it

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 23:23
FINALLY!!!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 00:42
Liete did one track for this game, the track for the final level (not in the demo), which in my opinion should have been more orchestral than he made it (his is almost ambient trance). I enjoy the game myself. Give a good listen to the music of the level, that's my pride and or joy!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 03:20
lol, it's a great game, although it's frustrating waiting for the camera to catch up to you. It's far too slow, and you can move on without it catching up
The music was great Quoth

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 03:59
Awww thank you.

See the whole thing with the camera bothered me at first too. But the real point of the game is the ultimate re-incarnation of the side scrolling puzzle game. That scrolling camera is the combined effort of years of classic games. And even on the first level, if you really explore it and find everything there is to find, you'll find that camera much too fast for every gem, ring and coin you want to collect.

And there's a bounding box so that you cant bounce more than tito's width off the screen just for those who are that fast.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 11:15
Is it just me of is the link constantly broken?
i click the Tito Sign... dot404 maybe i need to search more

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 16:02
finally downloaded it
pretty cool, speed might be an issue as in some areas it slows abit and in others wizzes along... always playable speed but a more steady speed would be better

the camera pee'd me off in some areas, i understand its scrolling and also to keep tito close - but it did get frustrating in one part where there was a pirate and the camera wouldn't move into a position to lemme see where tito was ... also i'd allow for several resolutions ingame, as it is only 800x600 - some peoples graphics cards can't do that very easily (nor do thier monitors like it)

on the whole a fun game, just think it needs a lil more attention to the things i've noted and it'll be great.
Oh and another point is i hope the music,sounds,graphics and 3D will all be encoded in some way - as they're in VERY open formats and just asking to be ripped off

one of the most promising games i've played yet though!

oh and on another note, i kinda liked your music style - was wondering if i could snatch your abilities for a spell as I need some music done, Leite is take flippin' forever ... and i really need a nice classical feel.

contact my fubarmt@eidosnet.co.uk account and i'll give you a more private contact address, set you a lil challenge - if i like what i hear then the Score for Zoids:Ancient Dark would look to be open

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 22:54
lol, the women in the shower

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 01:47
Yeah, the game looks childish on the outside but it's filled with dark and twisted humor that really spices it up. Sadly that's not prominent in the demo.
louis dimsdale
Years of Service
User Offline
Doing a great job here Rav. Thanks

Mr. Vegeta, i would be very interested I knowing where you were getting stuck with that pirate (Screen Grab??). We will fix it Also, what spec PC are you running. The final game will have a res selection screen (it's in there now, but needs a graphical interface)

I seriously thinking about putting in a scroll speed up key, and changing the Turbo Pick ups to something else.

The reason there isn't one is that on some of the later levels you have to get to the top fast and then work you way back before the screen scrolls catches up to you.

But I guess the player can work this out for them selves if they want to use the scroll key.

Let me know what you people think of this idea. We where going to save it for Tito 2, but I may spice things up more if we do it now. When you bounce on a power up, tito sphere changes into a metal ball for a few seconds and he can then jump on pirates for extra coins?

Also, there will be another final demo later when the game is near finished.

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 09:46
I know it's great, the music was a little sucky though...

(j/k it was great)

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 14:51
All excellent ideas. I was wondering how to kill them pirates without getting myself
Anyway, a scroll key would help. I do like the turbo powerup though, so don't get rid of it totally.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 11:14
i'll see about grabbing a screenie tonite, but the section i'm on about is on the first shower with the fans.
You jump both of them and you have that one pirate going back 'n' forth then you have to go around the top and there is a pirate walkin back 'n' forth on a strip of like 8squares i think, and at the end is a square of water.
Should have been childs play to get across but for some odd reason he just kept falling dead centre
finally got past it but was kinda annoying.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 11:53
I still think its one of the best things ive seen to come out of the dev shops in DB land

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 15:04
done in DB regular no less
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:35
I second that

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 21:20
Oh my god, the waiting has been rewarding !

Thsi game is great ! GFX are damn nice, and gameplay is real fun ...
You've done some huge job on this !

PS: hmm, well, musics were a bit hmmm .. ok leave that ...

[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 00:53
Music is pretty cool, i mean portrays the seriously lay'd back gameplay
Sides most games like this seem to have annoying quick tunes that when your driving to work can't seem to get out of you head until you go insane (or perhaps thats just me )

think the game is pretty outstanding, i'll have that screenie later tonite - not had the time to play again since i tried it the first time lol
hopefully the PrintScreen works in DB i can't remember

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 22:22
Wow! Great game, theres not much more to say. Just a few ideas, I cant hear what the pirates are saying so maybe you could turn the volume up a bit. You could also make the page scroll with the character when he reaches about 2/3 of the way up the screen, thats all. Great game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:07:53