Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entities as Environment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:29
There were various threads since the launch of FPSC (and yes, i read them) about using entities as construction environment, in order to make use of better effects and, mostly, better architecture. I heard about users building in 3DS Max, Milkshape and even Hammer, and through different methods of exporting, being able to place them in FPSC and successfully use them as environment. But, problems exist. Enemies don't have collision with the environment, although the players does.

I have a few questions regarding this subject, since i'm interested in building a few environment "parts" in Hammer, and joining them in FPSC. Due to the extreme buggy segment system, when it comes to shaders and normal/specular mapping, i'm choosing entities as environment. Anyway, my questions:

1) Any other known problem, rather than enemies having no collision?
2) Can i place entities inside the environment entity?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:16