Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is there a tutorial for Sparky's collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there anything like guide or tutorial that can help me understand how it works, since ma having problems and no one seems to know how to help.
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 15:50
There where a couple of example programs with source code that came with Sparkys. There is also a help file with descriptions of all of the functions, those helped me out a lot in getting started with Sparkys.

------------------------------------
Currently developing an "over-the-shoulder", action based, RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't there something else, I mean there has to be there somehing more simple to understand it?
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 17:19
Honestly just by looking at the programs it should be somewhat easy to understand. I've programmed with Dark GDK for about 1 month now, and just 2 days ago i implemented sparky's ray casting for shooting and his sliding example in my FPS in about 30 minutes. So if I can do it you can do it. Just be sure to read the comments.

I'm poetry in motion
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I can't seem to understand it, since I tried to do a collision between 2 objects and it does not work, but if I place a bulit-in obj. like a square or traingle it works.

So I need to know why, and no one here is answering me in the other topic, so I need something other than the help files, that shows way too little of the sparky thing, its rules and how it works.

If no, can I at least get another collision engine name that works well with DarkGDK and and has his own tutorial(and simple to use), plz I kinda need it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:10:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:10:59