Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why there isn't team request?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I wanted to ask why there isn't a team request forum? I think it would be a lot easier to create games with help of another person. How many people can create game alone? How long do you spend time to make game in FPS Creator?
I know about that TGC shop and sites for free FPSC stuff, but isn't a lot easier to create a game with a team(another persons), or alone.
Thanks for reading this, and replying,

-Nrx
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
unfortunately there were too many threads that were something like this:

"I waNt A teamz. I wIl ned 15 programerz 20 modlerz, and mayb 4 or 5 musicanz. I wil b the ideaz person. U will get ur name in the creditz if u help me.

Thx
"
Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
Realy I didn't know? Buut I meaned something like friendly team, not like that. Those people that asked for that probably wouldn't do anything.
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 00:26
Exactly, but it's simpler to just not have the requests in the first place. If you want to make a team, start e-mailing around OR join something like Gunner Games and get a team.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 02:25 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 02:25
Gunn3r Games is kind of under construction. We're working on coding the forum right now so that we can get that back up and running at our new site, moltenbytedesign.com. But, thanks for the suggestion. At Molten Byte Design, I think I'll continue the idea for the Game Ideas board, where people who are seriously considering making their idea into a fully fledged game, or at least trying, can try the waters with their idea, get help on improving it and possibly make a team out of it. I'll post up a new topic when the new site is ready, and point you in the direction of that section.

Again, thanks Bendak11, for the friendly suggestion.

TGC used to have a Team Request forum, similar to the way they have the FPSC Chat or the Geek Culture boards. But, like puppyofkosh said, there were too many people asking unrealistic requests for little to no return. There were only a handful of teams that actually successfully sprouted from the Team Request board, and because of the headache it posed to the moderators and everyone else involved, it was far more logical to shut it down. This same issue was brought up fairly recently in the Geek Culture thread.
Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, thanks Bendak11.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 12:39 Edited at: 9th Apr 2009 12:41
blackdracogames.com has a team request area as well.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 12:59
fpsc-online.com does as well .

-FCV

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 17:59
Yes; I created a section on Black Draco Games, for people to put together Teams. I even took it a step further and offered Teams, that met certain criteria, the ability to have a "hidden" section for their project:

Need Space for a Team?

-Keith

Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, thanks guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:25:36