Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / input latency/delay

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone else had problems with there randomly being a delay between when press a key or move the mouse and it acknowledges it? I don't think its caused by a flaw in the way I wrote my game and I'm sure its not my computer (my PC sucks but never acts this way with any other game or app) but rather it seems to be everything made by DarkGDK (it happens with the Dark Dungeon sample game for me also) which is weird because I never had this happen with DBPro. The game will run fine and then randomly ignore what I'm doing and act as if I where continuing to press the same keys that I was when I began ignoring me and will then act out what I've done since then (keypress mouse movements and everything) on a delay until it catches up or decides to start reacting in realtime again. The frame rate is good the whole time and never dips it just reacts to input on a delay. It never lasts for very long but it happens fairly frequently and its obviously kinda a game ruining problem. It makes it feel like playing a laggy online game. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have any solutions? I'm kinda questioning now whether I should just go back to DBPro or try something totally new.
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
That exact thing is happening to me! When I press R for reload, I have to repeatedly tap it to get it to reload, its so weird!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 12:20
I'm afraid I have to join this club somehow.
I don't know if my experience can be fully applied, as my project is rather complex, but I find myself having to press keys twice every now and then. Not sure what's going on.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 22:50
I'm pretty sure its not DarkGDK, it hasn't effected me at all. Maybe your frame rates are so low it doesn't have time to capture the input.

ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
Like I said in my initial post though my frame rate is fine which is why its odd. Its running at a smooth 30 both when its working as it should and when its reacting to input on a delay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:12:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:12:24