Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Physics Linker Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 19:45
Whenever I try to use any of the physics commands or run any of the samples it gives me

This is what i get when I run a sample

This is what i get when i run my own

I've uinstalled and reinstalled several times included all the include files and library files and even tried the updated files for the GDK. I used to get the objects were made with a older compiler please rebuild the library files so i opened the DarkPhysics.h file and rebuilt it and that error went away so now im just getting the ones i listed above.

The only limit to creating video games is your imagination
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 22:08
you might find some help here.

http://developer.nvidia.com/forums/index.php

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 22:11
Thats for the Nvidia Physics SDK not Dark Physics

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 22:27
I know, but form what I can see in the error reports, either VS does not know about the Physx libraries or PhysX drivers are not installed. check that VS know where to link to them.

DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 02:01
ok i went to the nvidia forums and tried some fixes and now I'm getting this error

its driving me insane i've searched on the nvidia forums and there doesn't seem to be anything on this error. anyone else having this problem? or know how to fix it? I went through the Dark physics SDK and the Nvidia SDK and included all the library/include files it told me to.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 14:24
Like you have just spent a few good hours trying to get any of the demos to go, no joy,

If you know C++ better than me I would send an email to Mike with the error report he may be able tell how to solve it and then you could post it here.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 17:29
I have never got DarkPhysics working with DarkGDK, although when I last tried I was using VS 2005. I'll try it again some time, now that I've got VC++ 2008 express.

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 22:03
Well now atleast I have the demos working so I'm just gunna copy the whole demos folder and erase all the code in it for my own projects except now every time use a dbPhyBuildCloth,dbPhyBuildFluid it gives me a damn runtime error saying I'm trying to overwrite memory in 0x0000 or something weird like that but it took me to the nvidia drivers website so I'm gunna try it with the new drivers.

DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 22:05
yay! the error was just me not having the right drivers! now its all working!

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 22:13
DarthVader 335 ,well done.

So what did you do before that, I know I have the correct physx Driver because darkbasic physX works.

I know that my GDK basic works ok, and I have put the PhysX DGK stuff in libs and h, so what else do I need to do.

Do you have any Idea?

DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 23:28
I just copied one of the demos and made it my own project I'm still getting the frigin error in a new project I've got no idea why since the demos work my project should be too. Only thing I can think of is that you have to create the project inside where you installed Dark physics. Oh and you have to have the .dll files inside your debug folder or your exe wont run but thats not a compile issue.

DarthVader 335
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 23:41 Edited at: 9th Apr 2009 23:42
yes! finally! i figured out why it wont compile.
You have to go into your project properties then goto linker then input and in Additional Dependencies add DarkPhysics.lib and in ignore specific librarys you have to add LIBCMTD.lib,msvcprtd.lib, atls, libcpmtd after that it compiles fine but you get 30 some errors but they don't affect compiling or runtime.
You also have to add the 4 .dll files in the samples folder into your projects debug folder or wherever your saving the compiled .exe file too NxCharacter.dll, NxCooking.dll, NxExtensions.dll, PhysXLoader.dll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:15:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:15:52