Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Over and over again: Bump mapping segments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 02:51
I'm pretty tired. During the last few three days i worked with shaders, different FPE configurations and even source modifications (i got pretty desperated). Simple bump mapping (using a Normal Map) does NOT work on segments at all. But, what's driving me mad is the fact that the bump mapping actually works in the Segment Editor. The problem is in-game. It's working perfectly in the segment editor, the way i want with my own shader, and it also works with the default bump.fx... the textures are perfect too. But in-game, no bump-mapping at all.

daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 11:33
maybe a noobish question but did you turn on shaders in both the preferences and build settings?

Do you use static or dynamic lights?

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 21:43
It's the Darklights system, it works kinda like it's slapping on the lightmap textures, so it doesn't interact well with the shaders...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 00:22
I gave up after unpleasant results (the lights don't cause changes in the bump map, it's just an static effect, not reacting to the environment). Honestly, it's better to use non-bumped textures than bumped ones.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 02:39
CG, send me an email from your old email account. GG doesn't exist anymore, so your email needs to be changed. I also want to talk to you about some other stuff, but don't have a working email for you.

As for the bumpmapping, just because it works in the segment editor doesn't necessarily mean that it'll work in game... Unfortunately.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:19:09