Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Visual Studio 2008 Professioanl Edition and when I'm installing GDK it says it can't find Microsoft's C++ Compiler so was wondering does GDK only work with Visual Studio C++ Express Edition?
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 14:48
You should be able to install DGDK anyway, you will likely have to manually set up the libraries and wizards.

To "Include files" add DarkGDK\Include
To "Library files" add DarkGDK\Lib\VS9

You may (like I did, with VS Express on Vista) add the wizard files manually. This is as simple as moving the wizards in the DarkGDK to your VC++ project directory in the "Wizards" folder.

------------------------------------
Currently 900+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 16:38
Before you install Dark GDK you have to have ran the compiler at least once, so that may be your problem if you didn't do it.
Strikerx22
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created small programs with C++ for school so guess I'll have to manually put it in the directory.
Strikerx22
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed it and the wizard showed up when creating a new project but the DarkGDK.h file is missing when I create the project so not sure why it isn't there or do I have to create it?
Strikerx22
Years of Service
User Offline
I went through to manually add the include and library folders but now when I tried building Dark GDK - Game1 (haven't added any code to it) to make sure it builds and I get a bunch of errors referring to the multiplayer.lib

Heres one of the errors:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_TCPIP referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z) multiplayer.lib Dark GDK - Game1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:21:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:21:13