Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / seamless sound loop tool?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 15:03
I have some recordings I want to turn into seamless loops, years ago when I had done this it involved lots of messing about trying to match the ends of sound manually. I'm sure there are tools that can handle this sort of thing nowadays to make it very simple, perhaps there is something that automates this, does it for you, or at least makes it very easy, can anyone recommend a tool or program to do this?

Hamilton Cleverdon
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!
Well, one trick I always used is this:
I used Audacity, and cut the sound off right at the end so that it would go back--but it would sound weird, wouldn't it? If you had reverberation or something that suddenly cut out, it wouldn't sound natural at all.
so, I simply took the REVERB that I cut off the end, started a new track, and pasted the reverb right at the beginning along with the first track. that way, the first time the song starts, it sounds a bit more explosive, and then after that, it just sounds seamless.
Hope that could help...

www.garageband.com/artist/hamilton
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 05:25
Adding a reverb filter isnt what Im looking for, that will not do the job of creating seamless loops.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 07:38 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 07:41
Fallen one, Hamilton actually gave you quite a good answer, and if you would go back and read it properly, i am sure you will understand that you misunderstood what he was saying. If you however can't comprehend at all what he meant i could break it down into simpler guidelines for you if you want.

And as far as i know, there is no 1-click solution to this. And if there is (wich i seriously doubt), i am sure that it couldn't do the job nearly as good as you could by yourself , your best solution would be to learn some audio editing, with a program such as audacity.

in Austrlia, there is a really red sun, u got a red sun in sky too?
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 08:58
I would recommend goldwave for this. You can do a lot of stuff in the trial version, the only limit I've noticed is the amount of actions you can do per run, but that's easily fixed by restarting the program. There's no magical solution there either but it does have a lot of nice tools that can aid in creating seamless loops.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 15:01
Quote: "your best solution would be to learn some audio editing, with a program such as audacity."

I have made hundreds of sound effects when I made a game years back, doing it by hand is slow and tediuos as I remember, how I used to do it is inverting the piece, and then trying to match the wave and altering each side to fit the other, very slow way of doing it, no quick method, used to take ages making seamless loops.

So I ask if there are now good tools to do this for you.

The Audacity thing, dont get what you are doing here.

Goldwave, whats in that program that makes it easier, or are you just recomending a program that edits sound.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 15:35
I was merely recommending a program I just started using a few days which from my viewpoint is easier/faster to work with than audacity. As said, there's no magical function that I know of that does what you want, though that would be nice.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 19:23
If there was such a program I'm pretty sure people would have heard about it. Maybe it is something to try to write oneself though - many people would probably find it useful. (And no, that wasn't intended to imply that I would give it a go).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:45:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:45:05