Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Record computers sound output direct, not its speakers with microphone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 23:16
I need to record my computers output, but I don't want to do it by having a microphone next to the speakers, I have busy traffic outside my building and its not beneficial for a good recording.

My recordings times are half an hour, its impossible for me to get 30 minutes of silence, it would be better if I can record my computer speaker output direct. I have a computer program that is generating sound, that of course is coming out of the speakers, but I think recording this with a microphone is a bit sloppy, and well, I just don't have the silence for the amount of time needed. Are there any tools that can record from the computers output direct, not the second hand way of capturing it out the speakers with a microphone perched near it.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 04:27
I found a program called Jetaudio, does a great job of recording directly to the computer.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 05:31
You can usually use any sound recording application that allows you to pick the input device, and select the stereo mixer device if your computer supports it.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 19:26
I just open my sound card console. Otherwise, RecordPad is a software that will do that for you. Or the simple recorder that chunks chunks wrote for QMidi v2.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2009 11:13 Edited at: 20th Apr 2009 11:14
Yes also i made a quick record utility that works nicely with chunks recorder dll. (Thank god i remembered to put him in those credits!) Set your sound card to record stereo mix/what you hear and then set the volume low on recording.
Then run program.
if the volume is no good then make adjustments to the recording volume and restart.

Download this program from first post....

(note) Once you hit stop on recording it says that it saved it.....It realy doesnt save it. flip threw the list of songs you recorded and type a file name in and hit the save button. Then check in the mp3 folder to see if it exists.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=137674&b=34

SMD3DInteractive
Dreamcube 017
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 12:08
if you right click on the little speaker icon in the task bar and then go to Voluem controle.

Once there, go to Options then Properties.

Once there you should see two or three radio buttons taht say Playback, Rcord and one MIGHT say Other. Click on Record and in the little menu under it, Check Stereo Mix and hit ok.

You'll then get a bunch of volume sliders for audio inputs to your computer. Click the check mark box under the one that says Stereo Mix and then everytime you go to record something, it'll record from your computer instead of your microphone.

WARNING: Make sure you don't have your volume up too loud or everything will sound VERY distorted.

NOTE: if you can't click the Record radio button, then go to the little dropdown menu a bit above that and pick the one that says Audio Input. It'll say your sound card name then Audio Input

EXAMPLE: RealTek HD Audio Input.

I hope that helps you out.

Play to win and you'll loose in the end... I create music that can be used in games. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/author/race1
Free to use, just contact me first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:06:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:06:59