Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Monthly Game Development Challenge

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 13:27 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 15:43
Not really an appropriate picture, remember we have minors on these forums.

This Contest will be end on: 30th April. Please let me know if anyone here want anything to donate to the winners. Judges will be me and ???. If you want to be judge, please let me know.
(WE NEED ONLY SCREEN SHOTS)

http://www.grapixentertainment.com/forum.html

Please let me know how do you like my new website.

ENTER THE CONTEST NOW

ANOTHER CONTEST: Monthly 3d Modeling Challenge

ENTER THE CONTEST NOW

GraPix Entertainment
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 17:14
What?

James Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 18:38 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 18:53
I don't understand a few points of what you're saying here.

The contest title on your forum says the compitition is a
Quote: "PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MONTHLY CHALLENGE "

But then under the rules of that post you state:

Quote: "1, Each week we'll post a subject for you to model along with a time limit on how long you should spend on it. Spend no longer than the allocated time then post a render of your game/model."

Something else:

Quote: "No cheating, we are relying on your honesty here "

Unfortunately, people are the only entrants, right? If so, you may have a probelm with the honesty thing.As far as judging goes (if you're using the time it takes to model as criteria), how exactly would you be able to tell how much time the participants spent making a model? What's to keep someone from working 4 days on a model, and stating they made it in 3 hours-? 1 dishonest person gains an advantage over everyone playing by the rules.

Quote: "THESE CHALLENGES ARE NOT FOR GIVING AWAY MODEL PACKS OR OTHER THINGS, WE JUST HELPING YOU TO PRACTICE. THESE CHALLENGES HELP YOU PRACTICE YOUR GAME/3D SKILLS. "

You might not get a lot of entries when there are other open contests that offer prizes...

Not trying to spoil your compition, I'm just pointing out a few...Conundrums

-Kravenwolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 07:21:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 07:21:36