Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Why is FPSC still being supported?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi first of I'm not attacking anybody, I'm not even sure why I'm visiting this website, I guess apart of me was just interested to see if the community was still active, obviously it is. I moved on from FPS Creator months ago, studied c# and now I'm currently developing with XNA and Unity 3D. I'm just curious that's all, is anything new with FPSC or is it still simple segments, entities, decals etc. Well thanks for reading, later.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 04:16
LOL. Yeah, it's still here. Yes, it's still "still simple segments, entities, decals etc". If I had to guess, I'd say it will be here for a few more months. Best of luck with C#, XNA and Unity 3D.

Best.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 04:48
lol, I can't write C for crap.

ActionScript i'm better

DB PRO I'm learning

Html i know enough.

That's why theres fpscreator for me
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 05:37 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 20:18
Dude, mods have been developed, thousands of free models and thousands of commercial models have been developed, TGC Store opened, it has grown alot.

Shaders, models, sounds, contests; this community is thriving, with the exception of the few deleted.

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
James Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 17:40 Edited at: 12th Apr 2009 17:43
And you can always make your own custom...well...everything It's not really restricted to "simple segments, decals, etc..." if you know how to model...
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why is FPSC still being supported?"

Because it's still fun
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 22:32
These are the major things to change FPSC: EFX, Airmod, Errant AI, Bond1 and the upcoming migration.

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
Daler
Years of Service
User Offline
Because, coding n00bs such as myself thrive off it 8)
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 01:22
Because it's the easiest FPS engine that can be used to create royalty free games with ... and that's ace.

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly what Errant said.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 19:42 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 19:51
There have been many recent developments that demonstrate very high quality assets can be used in the engine. Combine all of these elements and you have one excellent game that can be sold commercially with no strings attached.

The only reason to go with any other game engine is because you have a dedicated team in place that have the time to go through all the hurdles of making media compliant with it.

FPSC isn't just the easiest option, its the best value for money and fastest route to making commercial first person shooters.

I've just downloaded the latest Unity 3D demo which can now be used with Windows and not limited to Mac development which is cool. For outdoor environments it looks very good but its not cheap. $199 for the indie version and £1,499 for the pro version which has all the cool features like dynamic shadows and post processing effects.

http://unity3d.com/unity/download

I like the fact you can purchase with a plugin for iphone development although thats another $499 for the privalege.

Attached is a pic of the editor on my PC and link below shows a video of the demo level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HruXYhmLB_o&feature=related

1 thing I would point out is that in most other engines you never get any stock enemy assets or AI meaning you can make an amazing environment with shaders but nothing to fight against and no insight into getting anything imported to fight against which is a major plus in FPSC.

The tutorials look quite helpful though. Might give this a go.

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/video/

Edit - Like the fact you can build as Windows / Mac standalone or for playing in web browser like the new Quake Live.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 19:47
I have a feeling his question was rhetorical, and that's why I gave him the short answer. I don't think he'll be back.

Best.

Anomalous
User Banned
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 22:10
+1 xplosys
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 15:48
*late post*

why do we bother typing in answers, Jonxpdx didn't even write anything, so he's not even checking this thread anymore. It should be locked

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 19:07
Why did you post in here Destroyer? It's several months old. Nice pointless bump.

Grief is nature's aphrodisiac
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 19:21
I agree; it was a needless bump to a thread that should have died. A 2 day slap for DH.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:24