Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / File I/O

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to use <fstream> in Dark GDK? I'm having a few issues with the built-in functions that come with Dark GDK, and they are quite cumbersome to use. I also have made multiple classes that can read configuration files, and encrypt/decrypt them, but they use <fstream> and I am unable to use this in Dark GDK, and I don't want to have to re-write my code to fit in.

Thanks for any help,
-Mike
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 21:10
I have also noticed some problems using the standard C/C++ functions like cout, cin, etc. I am thinking they are disabled once in the main DGDK loop.

Apparently you can use the standard C/C++ functions if you use them before hitting the main DGDK loop, so that can solve the problem with reading from a file - you would still have to work something out for writing.

------------------------------------
Currently 900+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 22:16
I have no issues with fstream, perhaps you didn't set the Runtime Library to /MT?

mikeMarek 597
Years of Service
User Offline
ABXG, that seemed to work, but my issue also lies with including the <fstream> file. When I try including it, I get a bunch of errors, stating I have "unresolved externals."

dark coder, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for all your help,
-Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:32:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:32:33