Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / AI Set Entity Collide is not working for me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 20:21 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 21:52
I've already determined that the AI is infact colliding with the door. It makes a sound when that happens, and the sound always goes off at the proper time. However, AI Set Entity Collide isn't having any tangible effect at all.

I've also tried it without the if like so:

In both attempts, it's called immediately following the sound, so the command is getting run in at least the second one. But the AI is just going right through the doors. If only DarkAI had the ability to have temporary obstacles that the AIs cannot path through.

I'm doing this because I'm trying to add attack dogs to my game... And attack dogs shouldn't be able to open doors, so I want them to just stand at the door and bark instead.

(edit)
managed to solve the problem. The entities actually need to attempt to collide with the doors same as the player. Simply setting the collision in the AI doesn't make it not walk through the object.

Remember all that time in school that you complained that math is useless and you'll never need to know trig or calc? Guess what. If you're reading this, you need them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:17:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:17:12