Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Just a general level related question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 21:02
Hey! I'm working on a game that is free roaming and is in a big city, so like GTA. But i'm working on adding citizens that walk around the map. I have a pretty good idea on how to do this. (I place the citizens throughout the map and they walk until they hit some kind of object that tells them to turn to stay put and so forth) And before i get far into it i wanted to ask if there is an easier way to adding objects to the map without having to program every position of the object in. So is there? I know about 3DWS already but i don't think you can interact with specific objects exported from it (if you can let me know). So is there any way to position objects without having to use dbPositionObject and dbRotateObject for every single citizen and miscellaneous objects?

I'm poetry in motion
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
I use 3dws (not for making a free-roaming gta style sandbox) but you can add custom entities into it. I have entities for AI spawns, general triggers and to get the entities, you go through each of the "limbs" of the object and see if it contains a certain string.
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 22:41 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 22:46
Oh so let get this straight first. Each limb in the exported object from 3DWS is really the entity that you added in 3DWS? Can you give a short example on how to get the information from the entity within Dark GDK?

I'm poetry in motion
Jhdgkss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 22:06
Hi there iam also trying to build a similar game. How are you going about creating the city have you used a heightmap then put the city ontop of it so you can have vering heights in the roads??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:10:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:10:30