Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI wont compile with DBpro or DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought DarkAI and installed both versions of it but neither DBpro or DarkGDK will let me use it. With DarkGDK I get this error message when I try to compile whenever I try to use AIStart() or any other command.

Quote: "------ Build started: Project: zombie, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
Main.cpp
Linking...
Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl AIStart(void)" (?AIStart@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)
Debug\zombie.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\zombie\zombie\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
zombie - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

Well DBPro tells me

Quote: "Could not understand command at line 88"
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 21:32
With DBPro, have you activated, if so do the words turn blue.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
in DBPro the words turn blue like all the other commands that are usable and with DarkGDK (using Visual C++ Express 2008) holding my mouse over Dark AI commands shows the commands parameters or whatever you call it just like it does for any other valid command.
ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
I did the following
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=139108&b=30
an it will compile now with DBPro but it still wont for DarkGDK which is what I bought it with the intention of using it for. How can I go about entering my activation code for the GDK version? Someone pleas help.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 13:00
Ok not done much with GDK, as still learn how to set it up.

GDK has no activation codes.

so just checking.

1. Does GDK run with no AI code.
2. if so, have you copied the AI files to lib and include folders.

ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Yep. Everything works fine. I can even do #include "DarkAI.h" and it wont give me any errors or warnings about it as long as I don't use any actual Dark AI code.
2. I didn't copy the files there but the installer placed DarkAI.h into C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include and DarkAI.lib in C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib\vs9 which seems to be the correct folders.

If it matters I'm using the latest version of DarkGDK and what I'm assuming is the latest version of Dark AI (there doesn't seem to be other versions of it or patches available).
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 18:59
Been trying to get AI to work in GDK and I've had no luck either, get the same problem with PhysX some work some do not.

you may have to E mail Mike and see if He can help.

ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
I suppose this is an especially stupid question but how do I go about emailing Mike? I don't know his address. Is he who answers if I submit a question/problem to contact - technical support?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 19:26
ThatOther Person go to the top post about Physx updates and click on the e mail button in the first post.

explain in the post what you've done and what error you are getting now, should get a reply in few days or more.

ThatOther Person
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a quick reply and it seems to be working now.

Quote: "Hi,

The initial problem you mention with regards to Dark AI is a linker issue. The error suggests that the compiler is unable to locate the function you are trying to call. To solve this problem enter your project settings, go to the linker section then input, look for the additional dependencies section, now add "DarkAI.lib" into this list. Once you have done this hit okay and compile the application. This time it should compile without any linker problems.

The same process may be necessary for Dark Physics. In this instance the library name is "DarkPhysics.lib".

Regards,

Mike"

That didn't fix it on its own but I also switched project setting/c++/code generation/runtime library/ from MTd to MT which someone at an older thread mentioned and in combination after making the two changes (neither on there own seemed to have any effect) its now compiling. I haven't done anything to be sure that its working but its compiling with out any of the errors so I'm assuming that its working.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 22:02 Edited at: 15th Apr 2009 22:28
Quote: "To solve this problem enter your project settings, go to the linker section then input, "

Seen this many times, but where is it and whats its look like.

just go to this drop down menu, onwards will do.

Edit
Found the spot to change, now AI is going, just got to work out which bit I changed that stopped PhysX from working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:33:16