Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Linker error on MSVCRT.lib?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 23:39 Edited at: 15th Apr 2009 23:40
Hi all

If I put this lib in the ignore box it will get to the end drops out with
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load.

if take it out of the ignore box I get this.

1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
so anyone got a clue as to what I should do. Ho! its a physX demo I am trying to complie.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 01:04
I think this error code is the most significant:

I would try following its suggestion which is not to ignore the library, but to put it use the /NODEFAULTLIB:library. I am guessing that you may want to replace "library" with "MSVCRT.lib", but I am not entirely sure.

------------------------------------
Currently 900+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 12:30
Quote: "but to put it use the /NODEFAULTLIB:library."

This I would do, if I knew how to do it.

still drowing in the deep end.

ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 12:39
Right click your project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Set "Ignore All Default Libraries" to "Yes".

I have no idea if this will fix the underlying problem with your program, but it should get rid of that one error message for you.

------------------------------------
Currently 900+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 13:00
Ok the above did not work, however it might be beacuse I have clicked to many buttons, so is there away to set VS back to when it was first installed so that I can then add the bits I need.

Like a reset button.

Ozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 22:44
Ignoring all default libraries makes the compiler fail with about 60 error messages, since NONE of the DarkGDK libs then get linked in.

I'm having this same issue. I'm using VS2008 Standard, and have the March 2009 DX SDK installed. This is probably most of the problem...

I've compiled an empty version of the multiplayer.lib file, following another post somewhere in here where someone described how to build it, to get around the missing dplayx.lib file.

Specifying that the compiler ignore just msvcrt.lib causes other errors (like saying libcmt.lib is causing conflicts -- ignore that one, and then the DirectX files fail to link).
Ozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 23:15
Check this:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=122531&b=22

After doing what they say here, it compiles just fine, for both release and debug.

However: I cannot run my project through the debugger. If I do, it crashes in free.c (my code is not calling free anywhere, and is only calling delete at shutdown). I'd set my project to compile the .exe in a \bin directory, and use that as the working directory. No dice. However, if I compile the project and manually run the file, it works fine.

So, I can't debug at all when using the DarkGDK, for the time being. Guess I'll go back to straight-up DirectX...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:12:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:12:44