Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Free Skyboxes from Store don't work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 23:16
I'm having a little issue with the free skyboxes that come from the TGC store. I downloaded them, and I went into Build Game and selected Cty for the skybox. The skyboxes are in the default skybank folder. And I have 2 problems that are happening:

1. Some of the time, the skybox I select isn't "sticking". I select it, then I hit enter, then I click Ok. But if I go back into Build Game after doing this, all that is in the space for the skybox is "skybank", like I haven't selected one.

2. Some of the time, the skybox will stick, but when I go into test the game (I haven't built yet - I'm too far away from that) there is no skybox. In fact, the outdoors look like a mirror image of the room I'm in, and when I turn around the whole screen starts to look like a weird optical illusion of the room I'm in.

This only happens with the free ones from TGC store - the stock skyboxes and some of the other ones I've gotten all work. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 23:35
I have seen the mirroring issue you describe when no sky box is selected. So I would say that it's an issue of the sky box not being assigned, and not an issue with the sky box itself.

After testing my level without a sky box, I noticed that I had the same issue getting one to take again. Try changing other settings after the sky box and before clicking OK. I think I had to do it a couple of times, but once it took, it was OK.

Best.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 23:53
After changing the sky box i always do a preview, just in case.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
To guarantee your skybox will work it is best to type the path manually in setuplevel.fpi.
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2009 21:55
I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing seems to work with these free skyboxes from TGC store. I have one last thing to try tonight at home. The skyboxes downloaded directly to the skybank folder, and are just sitting in there. The other skyboxes (stock) are in other folders in the skybank folder.

So I'm going to put the free skyboxes in a custom folder just for them and see if that works. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, and I guess I can't use the free skyboxes from TGC store.

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
How can you select to only serach free objects?

IV
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 14:50
Well, I figured out what the problem is. I had multiple skyboxes in the default skybank folder, and FPSC isn't looking at the skybox you select but the contents of the entire folder. Having multiple skyboxes in 1 folder was causing FPSC to not understand which skybox I wanted to use.

I put all of the skyboxes in their own separate folders, and blamo! They work.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 15:02
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 09:25:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 09:25:19